Hop troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop troubles

Hello all. Im looking for some advice or help narrowing down a problem Im having with my hop unit.
    Im running a madbull black python v2 tightbore barrell with a madbull shark 60 degree rubber in a standard g&p hop unit. The problem Im having is the bb will always pull off to the right. Any adjustment in the hop only sends the bb skywards and right or downwards and right.
    Iv checked that it is all seated correctly and it is. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Hop troubles

It sounds like the rubber or nub or barrel cut out is favouring the right hand side. I would take the hop up unit out of the gun, then with the barrel still attached to the hop unit wind it on and off. When you do this look down the barrel from both the hop end and the business end and make sure that the bucking protrudes evenly into the barrel. Make sure your holding it straight with the feed tube pointing straight to the ground.

Comment

Is the nub perfectly shaped?

I had to trim a little loose material from the nub provided with a shark rubber once.
      sigpic

Comment

When you put the rubber onto the barrel, and then slide that whole unit into the hop unit, it must be sitting perfectly.

Once you've done this, apply FULL hop, and you're going to need a good eye to determine whether the hump is more dominating on one side compared to another. Often its trial and error.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will tinker around some more. perhaps switch to the standard nub and narrow down the problem.
          Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Evol Find out more about Evol
          Working...
          X