Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high rof advice

hi girls and guys
    ive upgraded to the max but would like a little more knoledge..
    i have a ics m4 (split box) upgrades are 13.1 shs gears, shs 7 toothed piston, g&p 120 motor, sector plate upgrade etc etc oh and 6mm solid bushingsim only running a 9.6 battery but the rof is huge far better than mates 11.1 lipo.
    my question is what is the weakest link now ????
    piston???? gearbox casing??? i have a metal toothed piston but am weary of using so what would you guys recomend.
    (come on Midas your the man)

oh and before anyone says that im the weakest link just you wait till i see you on the field ......

Re: high rof advice

Shimming if youve got it so its a little to tight on the pinion gear thats a popular one for rounding that off on some of the larger pinions out there.

Improper motor height adjustment, sometimes players have no motor bounce from too thick wire in there efforts for higher rof.

Mag feeding sometimes with hi rof your gearbox is actually firing faster than your mag can feed. do a sound check verses a chrono rof test to see how far apart they are. Google that for the common software.

BB's - players still uses bad bbs, a jam with hgiher rof cant obviously be pretty bad for the tappet plate / nozzle. Those gears are pretty tought so shouldnt be to bad on them.

When setup up right a high rof setup should be very relaible. You really need to use it to find out where any weak points are, if there are any.

After setting up a high rof you should be checking condition of the gearbox every few mags or 500 rounds. You can catch wear before it becomes damage.

Comment

considered putting a mosfet in there?? mainly to reduce the arching on the trigger switch? also help with the over run aswell (if any) and help the motor turn over better due to throwing more jiuce at it so less likly to jam

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
        Shimming if youve got it so its a little to tight on the pinion gear thats a popular one for rounding that off on some of the larger pinions out there.

Improper motor height adjustment, sometimes players have no motor bounce from too thick wire in there efforts for higher rof.

Mag feeding sometimes with hi rof your gearbox is actually firing faster than your mag can feed. do a sound check verses a chrono rof test to see how far apart they are. Google that for the common software.

BB's - players still uses bad bbs, a jam with hgiher rof cant obviously be pretty bad for the tappet plate / nozzle. Those gears are pretty tought so shouldnt be to bad on them.

When setup up right a high rof setup should be very relaible. You really need to use it to find out where any weak points are, if there are any.

After setting up a high rof you should be checking condition of the gearbox every few mags or 500 rounds. You can catch wear before it becomes damage.
        its had about 3000bbs put through it over the weekend
        i oppened the gearbox on monday evening and noticed a little wear on the second tooth on the piston ??? why the second surely it would of been the pick up tooth
        i thought aoe ???
        mosfet is next on the list am waiting for those stealth raptors to not be so hard to get hold of.
        cheers guys

Comment

Have you not corrected AOE yet? This is a definite must for any HS setup!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I would deffo recomend correcting aoe as your FIRST step, or you will find you won't need to worry about wearing out teeth on that particular piston...lol.

If you have corrected aoe and removed the corresponding teeth. I'm guessing from what you have typed you havn't done so yet.

The pinion is critical and if there is a clash in the motor height and how the bevel gear is shimmed, it will leave you in allsorts of trouble. You can't just put one thin shim under the pinion and then shim on top. There is much more in shimming the bevel gear than that. Other forums will tell you allsorts of stuff. Like you must shim the bevel to the motor so it is fully engaged. to a certain extent that is true but there is still a certain ammount of skill knowing if that is correct or not. As sometimes it isn't.

Then you need to make sure the other gears interlock properly.

So at the minute I would say your piston is the weekest link. Sort out aoe, shim shim shim. Make sure the piston assembly is as light as you can get it, remove bearings, swiss cheese it to the max. Short stroke it maybe 2 or 3 teeth. Bigger spring.

Then fit a fet and rewire with decent wire.

I would say then your motor will be the weakest linc...get yourself a clone Ultra torque one, you know it makes sense.

One last thing for now....I have seen a few pistons where teeth have been warn half way down...Im convinced it is caused by either crap bb's or over hopping. So the piston is slowed down when needing additional air pressure to push the bb out of the barrel. Causing premature Engagement. So be carefull not to over hop, when the high rof looks like the hop isnt working.

Usually spotted in high rof guns when the hop is set perfectly for semi, but on auto the bb's are falling rappidly.

Once you have everything set up perfectly...You can use your metal tooth piston...So long as it is light and set up correctly.

We have just built a gear box that uses an M150 spring and is just under 40 on an 11.1. Well over 20 on a tiny 7.4. Using a torque motor.
            Last edited by North West Outpost; 6 July, 2011, 22:21.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gavin Find out more about Gavin
            Working...
            X