Silicon in hop up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon in hop up?

My gun was feeding very very badly and was jamming a lot, so I asked a friend what he would suggest. At the end of the round we took my gun back to the safe zone and he put a small spray of silicon oil into the hop up. I am now wondering if this was a bad idea what with the rubber inside the hop up ect.

I think it solved the problem, however how often should I be doing this, he suggested before every day of use but that to me seemed a bit excessive.

Thanks,

Callirye

No no no no no. Silicone will give a nice slippery coating on your hop up, making it a useless feature, as it won't impart much grip to the bb.

You'd be better off looking at how your hop unit is interacting with your mag, or whether you simply have too much hop on

Comment

Re: Silicon in hop up?

not sure

but i know oil inside the rubber will mess up the friction and you wont get any bb spin.

Comment

Dirty barrel, or a badly packed hop rubber could also be the cause of a jam.

Saying that, my AK will jam every 5,000 odd rounds, simply because I have a huge amount of hop on and then a stray bb comes through that's too large to fit through it seems. Take the hop off and I'm away again! Try that?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
        Working...
        X