X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG HK416 fire selector

hello,

have just bought one second hand.

ocassionally, some thing messes up witht he fire selector, and it fires in full auto when in semi..

few questions.

one, how do you get the mechbox out??

any vids??

ive gotten down to the handle off and the mag release out, but I cant see how to get the mechbox out to have a mess witht he fire selector

2nd thing

anyone have a idea why this is sometimes going to full auto??
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: JG HK416 fire selector

Pistol grip off, mag release out, stock/stock tube off (as it screws into the spring guide in the back of the gearbox), sometimes there's a little pin above the trigger too, you'll need to knock this out with a thin screwdriver or similar. I usually stick it on semi to lift out. Careful of snagging wires.

As for the firing auto on semi? Not entirely sure, my gun tech often mentions something about a "yaw bar" but I have no idea what one of those is.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i think the selector bends a little, and doesnt move the tappet? plate, meaning it still in the full auto position...
      FOR SALE

Comment

bumpage!!

will be re opening this tomorrow me thinks
        FOR SALE

Comment

It's either the selector switch itself which is loose (re-tighten the screw on it, superglue it in place if that does not do it), worn (get a new one), selector plate worn (again, get a new one) or a worn cutoff lever or trigger contact carrier, meaning that it does not have enough material left to always disconnect the trigger contact carrier bit.

Start with exploring the selector switch, which from your description seems the most likely point of failure and work your way back through that list

Comment

It feels like you firie it i'n semi, the power of the motor wobbles the selector switch, which allows the plate to slip...
            FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
            Working...
            X