X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG M4 not firing

Hi guys,

Just got a little dialemma.

My JG M4 CQB aint working, now Im a noob when it comes to airsoft techie stuff, (hand me a pc anyday, and im in my own world of bliss.. )

The gun makes a sort of slightly dry noise. The BB ends up sitting in the the barrel and I need to push it through with some force.

As far as I can work out it might be something with the hop, the piston moves forward when I fire the gun which i take to mean that its working together with the gearbox or could it still be something wrong there?

I took the hop out and had a look at it and after that i dont think it is the hop.

I just had a careful peek inside the the gearbox and i think the slides on the piston/spring bitty are slightly worn. Could this be the reason? I removed some worn plastic which had formed in the rails.

I havent got the tools for opening it up but should i instead be on the look out for a gearbox to buy?

By armalite556 at 2009-02-02

btw im also missing the front pin holding the receiver together, might that have something to do with it? it worked fine for a while with it missing but...

Thankyou in Advance for any opinions

Ben

P.S. Sorry for the large pic, I have croped it already...
    Old feedback :D http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7655

Current Armoury: Systema PTW M4A1 2008 MAX2 Modded by Tac, KSC Glock 17

Re: JG M4 not firing

did it just suddenly stop working or deteriorate?
    i would definately get another pin or at least use a suitable sized bolt, as it could be the nozzle not reaching the hop
    ADs

Comment

It just suddenly stopped, I was in a killhouse team deathmatch a few weeks ago and just suddenly made a blank firing noise and that was that. I have tried holding it all firml inplace whilst firing but no luck with that either but if i get it working ill get a new pin

Comment

You say you need to push the BB down the barrel with some force? First item, clean the barrel. I may have misunderstood. Second item, you don't appear to have a piston head. See to it.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

yeh looks like u have lost a piston head, i.e. no compression. you will probably need a new piston and piston head chap. I would advise a bore up kit (not element, guarder or systema in my opinion).
          ADs

Comment

How much would all that be? is it better just getting rid of the thing or would fixing it and then floggin it get me more cash?

Ben

Comment

I wouldn't bother with a bore up kit. Or a new piston, unless that one is significantly damaged upon inspection. Just get yourself a new piston head. G&P seem cheep, and work fine. Anything will do really. Might not even need a new one. Could be a case of thread-locking the screw and doing it back up.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

i have never seen a piston head be ripped from the piston before.........

NEW ONE ON ME!!!!

Comment

never seen a jg piston head tbh but could be simple like the bolt holding the head on came lose ?

get some 1 at your local site/team to open it up and see what damage has been done

DOH sorry didnt see your post dope
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ArmaLite5.56 My local site is FCS London :) Find out more about ArmaLite5.56
                  Working...
                  X