Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 Single Shot modification

Hi,

I have extensively looked on multiple forums for the single shot modification for the TM M14 which involves the removal of the selector from semi to full auto. I understand the grub screw requires to be removed on the selector knob, but is there any other steps to remove this selector knob? as i can easily remove the grub screw but cannot remove the knob from the rest of the selector. I assume it is just the knob you remove? If someone could either confirm how much of the selector you remove and if mine is just being stubborn, just tell me to give it some persuasion (even though i have given it some light forcing).

Many thanks

ADs
    ADs

Re: TM M14 Single Shot modification

Watch mechbox.com to take the stock off (remove the trigger guard and end bit)

Once the stock is off look at the back of the M14, going from the sector switch round the back of the M14 GB to the trigger mech a piece of black(TM) or white(AGM) plastic.
    In order to lock it to singe you have to remove this, to do that take the selector switch off (2 screws either side) and then it should slide/pull off...then its impossible to fire it on full!

Also, if your upgrading it to over 400fps as a DMR you will need a hard type light piston, (element clear is good) high torque gears (element will work) and a M140 spring as a minimum, id also recommend a metal spring guide! (or just buy mine, its in therefor sale section :D)

Drop me a PM if you have any q's on it as iv done this!

Comment

Oh dear. Well, for starters, you don't have to take the selector switch itself off. You can just unscrew half of the part described above. It's got a screw on the right hand side. undo it. Take the part that now unconnected to the selector lever out, and job's done.
      But that's just a little effort saver.

Element pistons aren't great. They're based off the Systema ones. The Systema pistons were always well known as Systema's big letdown. Prommy, TM, even ICS piston are pretty good choices in high power set ups. Seeing as you're talking TM m14, it'll have to be Prommy or the stock TM. I'd keep the stock one till it breaks. Shim it for better angle of engagement too.

An m120 spring can get 400fps. High torque gears aren't a necessity. You can either replace things as they break, or spend loads of money to start with, and still possibly have things break. Up to you. I wouldn't buy element gears for a 400fps rifle though. They're not the best things. I've seen a fair few through my hands, with bent axles, fault's in the moulding that's caused the teeth to sheer. So if you are upgrading the gears, it'll have to be Prommy for my money. I think Guarder make some too, not sure.

Then again, I've had a TM m14 to 470fps with nothing but a new spring and barrel. Not even metal bushings.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

cheers chaps, i didnt realise it was the whole selector bit so to speak....

thanks for upgrade advice, but i have already done it cheers. Guarder FTK and SP130 to get it firing at 425fps... works a treat! Easiest upgrade i have ever done on a gun.

I steer well clear of any element stuff. Especially their tightbores (or shud i say non-tightbores)

Got a firefly hard rubber and prom barrel on route too.
        ADs

Comment

Hiya Ads, Could of just pm'd me on Pete's site mate.
          Mines fitted with:
          KM Steel Hop Up Screw
          Guarder Cut-Off Lever (would defo get if youve fitted guarder gears! original wears fast and puts the gun to auto)

Prometheus EG Spring Guide
          Prometheus Sealing Nozzle
          Prometheus POM Piston Head
          Prometheus Hard Reversal Stop Latch
          Guarder Tappet Plate
          Prometheus M14 V7 high speed gears
          Prometheus M14 V7 Hard Piston
          Prometheus Cylinder
          Prometheus Cylinderhead
          Guarder hop buckling
          Prometheus 6.03mm 500mm tighbore
          Guarder sp120
          Firing dead on 425fps

Catch ya later,
          Baz
          Wanted:
          RS SVD
          MP5K PDW STOCK
          AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

Ok you people seem to be in the know on this, my m14 is fitted with:
            Prometheus V7 high torque gears
            An undecided piston/piston head though was using element)
            TM anti reversal latch
            KA tappet plate
            But the rest is AGM (though thoroughly checked for imperfections)

The hop is TM and perfectly set and there is good airseal...however whatever spring I put in there it struggles to get above 345...I got 370 once but then it dropped after a few shots...what am I missing...im prepared to spend a bit more money but I reall cant put out the boat here as im selling it?!

Thanks

Comment

Probably an airseal issue still. What springs have you tried? Possible cheap fix, try a new O ring on the cylinder head. Grab one from a hardware store. Bit thicker than the original one, and that will fit in the cylinder, but with some friction, then lube it with thin lube. Lard is good. You want the o ring to be able to move a little on the cylinder head as well.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Would a 400fps over time break the actuall gear box regardless of the internals or am i just being a knob?

Oh yeah and what type of motor does an M14 take sorry you guys have got me interested
                Last edited by GadgetMaster; 23 December, 2010, 23:37. Reason: Why not LOL
                "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

M14's have short types, and the v7 gearbox is *supposed* to be one of the strongest gearbox designs.... I wouldn't believe what the average joe says though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ADsE6 Find out more about ADsE6
                  Working...
                  X