Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Gearbox motor fitment

Hi all,

Trying to sort out the gearbox on the M4 for the missus and having a consistent issue with it. The gearbox is fine but when I fit the motor in the grip + motor plate it fails to turn over (get the click of the motor trying to turn and failing to move as if there is too much resistance) and no extent of plate adjustment sorts it out.
    If however, I take the motor plate off, and hold the motor to the gearbox by pushing a screwdriver handle down on it, it will turn over and fire nice.

I've also noticed that the gearbox appears to be poorly cast (typical JG) and the screw holes for the grip are badly threaded on one side with the first 2-3 threads missing so the screws for the grip don't hold it properly.
    Now the 1mm gap this seems to be creating, I'm guessing is probably pushing the motor out of position when it's in the grip and cranked up.

Is it possible to buy new screws that are slightly longer for this as I cant seem to find any?

For the record: I hate V2's. Viva la V3 (and other gearboxes that aren't badly designed)

Re: V2 Gearbox motor fitment

Well I managed to sort it. Turns out that the screws are M3 size, between 8 and 12mm. For me 12mm worked well due to the lack of thread.

Secondly turns out my motor plate was sitting too deep/too much of an angle which was causing it to make the bevel gear bind. Loosening the motor plate off a half turn was perfect then dialed it in with the height adjuster. Win

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BioSniper Find out more about BioSniper
    Working...
    X