systema helical gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systema helical gears

now I know there is allot of info on the web about this but I just can't find the answer to what is wrong with my setup
    I got the gears thinking that helicals would stop the gear wine but it seems to have just got louder

I have normal systema helical gears in a G&P gearbox with G&P bearings. When I shim flat gears I just try to shim all the gears as low as possible without the faces contacting and then start on stopping axle movement one gear at a time putting all the screws in and making sure the gears still spin freely

has anyone had this problem and how did you overcome it

Thanks Liam

Re: systema helical gears

update: I shim all the gear put all the screws in all the gears spin free lee put the pistol grip on and all the gears lock up?

Comment

So no one knows anything about helical gears? now i know i have to shim, put all the screws in, put the pistol grip on and then spin the gears to check if they are spinning freely and the gears still wine.

Comment

"Wine" is a very subjective term, without hearing it, hard to say if normal or not!

Video/audio might help

Comment

Silly question, but have you greased them up aswell? Might just be that.
          WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

I will get a video up tomorrow. I am thinking maybe the bearings are part of the problem so just ordered some Kanzen 8mm to see if that makes it better.

As for the noise it's just like gear noise like you get off straight cut gears but about 3 time louder

Comment

Can't see it being the bearings or even the gears unless they set up very wrong. You looked at the motor height?

(p.s) You have atleast one shim above and below each gear right?!

Comment

maybe decreace the motor height because it could just be your motor but put under alot of strain due to it being too high?

Comment

yep the motor height is set and all the gears a shimmed of the bottom of the gearbox (The gears are so noisy that motor height makes very little noise difference but trust me it's not the motor height)

One thing I was not sure about as with straight cut gears I just set the height of the sector gear by looking at the clearance between spur and the sector. Do you have to set it but shim sizes E.G. 0.2mm shim under the spur and then a 0.2mm under the sector? as it looks too close but maybe my problem.

And yes they are greased

Comment

Check the motor height, joking, but an audio or video would be really helpfulll so we know what sort of whine it is

Comment

I have a ba JG gearbox for my M4 sat here at the moment and that made a nasty noise because it was shimmed too tight. In sorting it turns out it's impossible to shim the Bevel gear because doing so will push it against the gearbox casing when the motor is in (the box is cast terribly).
                      Had the same probelm with the missus gearbox also and it made a god awful whining because the motor was under too much load.

Try to ensure there is movement available for your bevel gear (not too much though) to allow for motor height adjustment as your gears may just be jamming up. Also when shimming, tear gear movement by screwing the gearbox back together tightly and running them by hand.

It could also be a simple as just a noisy motor. Some are.

As already said. Audio or video would help a lot

Comment

You shouldn't be shimming the gears to be as low as possible. When you shim them there are many ways to do this properly. But as long as they end up right I'm not going to sit here and bang the table and tell you how to so it.

Yes you can start by putting a thin shim under the spur gear, but you may have to move it or add to it. You also have to be very aware of the interaction of the Sector gear to it, so you cant just put another thin shim under it and forget it.

The bevel gear should be shimmed to the pinion gear anyway so you can't predetermin how many or few shims to put underneath it to start. Bear in mind you don't know where the motor height will end up yet.

Last time I put helical gears into a gear box and shimmed them they were shockingly quiet. They made the motor sound really loud...lol. They made a huge difference, it really was an eye opening and mouth drop moment.

I guess you havn't got it set up correctly.

Easy way to tell if it was ok whith the previous gears in it should be fine with the new ones. Unless the gears are faulty, which is quite rare.

There is no reason to buy Systema products anyway except maybe their hop rubbers even then there are butter.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iEdy0mrXaM

and the all the gears are shimmed as low as possible (am I wrong in doing that?)

Comment

Yes.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

what would you recommend just shimming it 0.2mm higher then it needs to be to allow for a very small amount of axle movement?

and in your experience is that wineing to much as it is definitely louder then the normal G&P gears

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

liam92 Find out more about liam92
                              Working...
                              X