20mm rail on a TM AK-SU ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20mm rail on a TM AK-SU ??

So, the TM AK74 has the side mount thing which will allow a 20mm rail to be fitted, however the TM AK-SU doesnt.

Therefore, is it possible to fit an aftermarket side mount as I'm thinking of getting an AK-SU, and want to put an Eotech on it !

Thanks for any advice,

Rich
    GZ Marshal since 2004...yeah, that's ELEVEN YEARS !!!

GZ Urban.....2007 - 2014 RIP

Re: 20mm rail on a TM AK-SU ??

If you dont have a side mount piece like the KALASH ones you will have to buy one of those first. Im not entirely sure how that attaches but im thinking it screws on to the side, do you have any threaded holes in the side of your ak?. Then you can buy a QD side mount for the AK-74U which clips on to the side of the side mount pieces, then you can attach whatever you like onto the rail that sits abouve the topside dust cover (whatever its called)

Comment

Re: 20mm rail on a TM AK-SU ??

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
      If you dont have a side mount piece like the KALASH ones you will have to buy one of those first. Im not entirely sure how that attaches but im thinking it screws on to the side, do you have any threaded holes in the side of your ak?. Then you can buy a QD side mount for the AK-74U which clips on to the side of the side mount pieces, then you can attach whatever you like onto the rail that sits abouve the topside dust cover (whatever its called)
      Thanks for the advice mate. I dont actually have the AK SU yet. I'll have to have a look at one and see if there are any holes on the side.

Rich
      GZ Marshal since 2004...yeah, that's ELEVEN YEARS !!!

GZ Urban.....2007 - 2014 RIP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich Find out more about Rich
      Working...
      X