Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares scar hop up nub, oh the fun...

Morning everyone

Well a week or so ago I noticed that the hop up nub in my Ares Scar L have a slight rip in it, so I ordered some new nuns to fix the problem.

So last night I gets into the hop unit to find that the nub is a custom shape to the Ares Scar. It's shaped like a "8" with a hollowed out bottom half. It's all to do with the quick change barrel system.

So does anyone know where I can get a new Scar hop nub ? I tried fitting a regular shaped one and of course had no luck. I've had a search on the net and can't find one anywhere.

So could some kind soul point me in the right direction, or could someone give me some advice on how to replace the hop nub with a regular one using some cunning plan ?

Any help would be much appreciated as I have a game this weekend and currenltly no gun :/

Ta, FL
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: Ares scar hop up nub, oh the fun...

what i did on mine, is gently file away the area the holds the nub until its a semicircular shape
    then you can fit any nub in there

Comment

I think I get what you mean...

Did you file away the whole arm until it was just the bit where the top of the figure 8 nub would sit ?
      It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

i had to do the same - also found most nubs are too wide for the hop chamber
        The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Before you take a file to it take a pic of the old nub mate

If it's like a concaved nub I have a few laying around here

Comment

have you came to any conclusion to this? I have had exactly the same problem, i got in direct contact with ares, as i was considering buying a new gearbox also, and thinking that nub tearing could be a common problem i asked if I could purchase a whole bunch, but they never got back to me. would not like to take a file to the hop arm if possible, but the only way you can seem to get a new nub as far as i am aware is by ordering a new hop chamber.

Comment

Sorry guys, I missed these posts.

I'll get pictures posted soon as I can Guard.

No conclusion yet, I've not had the time to revisit the problem since I posted the thread :/

Comment

fair enough, if i get time this weekend i will see if i can find some kind of fix and let you know!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                Working...
                X