Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Gearbox and Motor for Cyma M14?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering what is the 'best' motor and gearbox for a Cyma M14? Just a note the gun does have a TK Twist barrel in so I'm not wanting the FPS over 300.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Re: Best Gearbox and Motor for Cyma M14?

Any ideas guys?

Cheers.

Comment

yup, ok so motor wont change fps so your ok. Gearbox, do you meant casing or internals, 300 isnt much for an m14 and i swear tk twist barrels work best at 330 fps. Anyway, you want a high torque motor as your looking for quick shot rather than fast full auto. I think the G&P m120 motor is decent. But any decent high torque motor is good.

Comment

Right, see I bought a G&P M120 motor originally, however when fired the gearbox ceased up. As far as I'm aware the gearbox internals etc are all stock so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I wouldn't be able to really clarify that because I didn't install the motor as I have someone at my local site do it.

Comment

Right, the motor could be too high, and so there is too much strain on the gearbox, theres a screw on the bottom of the grip bit and its a small allen key,unsrew it a little and try it again.

Comment

No problem I'd have my guy do that as soon as. (He still has the gun with him). Would a G&P V.7 gearbox make any difference? I'm no good with any of the AEG internals haha.

Comment

No, you dont need a completely new gearbox, the cyma is pretty good stock, and so all you wanna do, is just lower the motor height. Try it and get back to me.

Comment

Right cheers mate, I'll let you know soon as poss.

Comment

Laurance has offered some good advice. They are targetted for 330 fps plus or minus a little. If you want trigger response I would go for a high torque motor. As you can get a decent battery in the stock.

You would probably get better performance by getting a decent tech to set your origonal box up for you rather then just replacing it.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NightMare Find out more about NightMare
                  Working...
                  X