ca m15a4 sportline to dmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca m15a4 sportline to dmr

hi guys looking to change my ca m15a4 into more of a dmr style weapon could someone please list some good products i will need to make this a good accurate dmr , i am aware i will need things such as hi torque gears and piston and a tb barrel and a new hop but could you give me some good companies and things that work well together

thanks , tom

Re: ca m15a4 sportline to dmr

Probably do want a slightly longer barrel as the one in there is only 363mm. So maybe go for a madbull 407mm barrel and madbull ultimate hop-up unit as i hear they work extremely well together. And to cover the length, whack a silencer on it.
    In terms of high torque gears, what spring are you going to be pulling and are you locking it to semi?
    Actually, i think i have just the thing for you, read/skim through this and you shall find some extremely helpfull stuff my friend http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ead=1291&page1

Comment

thanks alot mate that was very helpful ! and i will be locking it to semi .

thanks tom

Comment

right ok, well, that guide should help you get pretty good results.

Comment

The link Laurence posted is a really good guide, but I have a couple of questions for you.

What FPS are you aiming for (what is your sites limit for a semi limited AEG?)

Are you completely sold on using the sportline?

The reason I ask is that in my experience there's not much of the sportline mechbox that I'd really trust with that sort of setup. I found that the plastic parts in particular in the two we had as loaner guns were completely unsuitable.

The most important part of building a DMR is getting consistency. You need good airseals across the mechbox and hop unit and close tolerances. You need to eliminate movement in the barrel and hop unit in particular. Junk the CA hop unit and get something better, with the rubber/nub combination of your choice (I like firefly). A well set up AEG at 300fps will be far better than a bunch of parts cobbled together at 400fps, trust me!

Comment

Also, its in the guide but just to reiterate, you want to stop barrel vibration so get some ptfe tape and just wrap it round the barrel as this will improve consistency, also, get a bipod because if your going prone, you wont want to be constantly taking the strain yourself.

Comment

replace the ca hop with a madbull or ICS one with the tumbler type wheel instead of the maruie type hop. It will mean you get much finer adjustment ability.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
                The link Laurence posted is a really good guide, but I have a couple of questions for you.

What FPS are you aiming for (what is your sites limit for a semi limited AEG?)

Are you completely sold on using the sportline?

The reason I ask is that in my experience there's not much of the sportline mechbox that I'd really trust with that sort of setup. I found that the plastic parts in particular in the two we had as loaner guns were completely unsuitable.

The most important part of building a DMR is getting consistency. You need good airseals across the mechbox and hop unit and close tolerances. You need to eliminate movement in the barrel and hop unit in particular. Junk the CA hop unit and get something better, with the rubber/nub combination of your choice (I like firefly). A well set up AEG at 300fps will be far better than a bunch of parts cobbled together at 400fps, trust me!

hi mate my limit is 350 and thanks for the advise on the gearbox , i could use a jg m4 if thats any better ??

thanks for all the tips !

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                  Also, its in the guide but just to reiterate, you want to stop barrel vibration so get some ptfe tape and just wrap it round the barrel as this will improve consistency, also, get a bipod because if your going prone, you wont want to be constantly taking the strain yourself.
                  thanks for all the advise/tips you have given ! been very very useful !

Comment

Is it one of the old jg's or there enhanced ones? Otherwise id stick with the ca.

Comment

im not 100% bought it second hand but it seems and shoots new so i think its an enhanced version but not 100%.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m14alltheway Find out more about m14alltheway
                      Working...
                      X