Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SOCOM Recoil

Guys,

I have seen loads of threads about the TM SOPMOD but cant see that much about its brother and even then there doesnt seem to be any definative answers that I can find, hence the questions on here.

Looking to buy either SOPMOD or SOCOM, however will only consider SOCOM if it can be fitted with a Magpul MOE handguard and Stock without any modification being needed ie: 2 minute job to swap over.

Also, I have a number of 1500 mah 8.4 crane stock batteries with mini tamiya connectors that I use in my sentry, can I use these in the SOCOM

Cheers in advance all
    sigpic

Re: TM SOCOM Recoil

I've seen an ex-SOCOM with MOE handguards, though I could not comment on how simple it is to fit. In theory any aftermarket handguard should fit, but that doesn;'t always work in practice. The SOCOM and SOPMOD are identical with the exception of the RIS and the stock/battery arrangement, so if you've seen a SOPMOD with the handguards you're golden.

As for the stock issue you need get one designed to fit a milspec tube, not a commercial one. It shouldn't be an issue, most airsoft manufacturers follow this standard.

With your batteries, I'm pretty sure that if they're made from 4/3AA cells you'll be fine, but if they're sub-c then they wont fit. 4/3AA cells are the type that you find in mini batteries if you are unsure.

I'd wait until someone else come along with more specific answers, as I've not fitted any magpull to my SOCOM as it's not really my bag. However, I'm 95% certain that what you are trying to achieve is possible.

Comment

Thanks to the man above, anyone else any experience on this re: batteries and MOE handguard and CTR stock on the SOCOM
      sigpic

Comment

The socom is the more upgradeable of the 2.

The socom is front wired into the foregrip, an MOE Handguard fits perfectly, and gives you the option of a 9.6v mini Nimh, or a 7.4v Lipo. I personally go with the lipo, but either fit in.

The stock is as simply swapped as any M4, as its just a normal stock.

These are recommended to be wired to deans instead of the mini tamiya they come with.

Oh oh, and lastly, yes you can use the mini tamiya nunchuck nimh in the socom.

I've had 2 socoms, and done loads to them, will probably buy another socom before the weekender.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

cheers to both, much appreciated, just ordered the SOCOM now and will get some Magpul goodness on there for the weekender
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
          Working...
          X