Battery usage help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery usage help

Will an 8.4v 1600mAh battery last a whole days play in an ICS plastic M4? I know this might seem a silly question but I'm new to AEGs and I don't know if I need to take a spare battery with me.
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Re: Battery usage help

It's a bit like asking "How long is a piece of string?".

It depends entirely on how many shots you fire! If you're emptying a couple of hi-caps a game then you'll run out pretty quickly. If you only fire short aimed bursts, it could easily last all day.

As a general rule for myself I go with 3000mah is a full day (and more!), 1500mah is half a day. I would say you need two 1600mah to guarantee a full day's play. Swap them, over at lunchtime and you'll have no worries. It's good practice to take a couple of batteries anyway in case you don't charge one correctly, or it's faulty!

Comment

I had a feeling it was the "how long etc" question
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

So far using that type of battery on all on my gear, not run out of juice yet.
        On that, I am not a trigger happy nut. So I find can indeed last a day on just a 1600mh.

So that on an ICS M4 metal.
        G3 SAS 500 round mags. Only used three mags at most on one game.

Everyone is different, as to how they play.

When I was a new player, would use so many mags that could even kill off a 3000mh battery. Also many things like spring upgrades can kill the battery faster.
        Sig by Kodiak

In memory to the old team, Trojans.
        Now part of Snow Leopards.

Comment

It depends on how trigger happy you are
          As a rough rule of thumb 1BB per mah, so 1600 mah = 1600BBs

Comment

All my aeg's are ICS M4's now and I find it hard to get a good battery that will fit good in the ICS round hand guard. However I've found one battery that for me last the full game. I'm a trigger happy nut!!!! Go through a bag of bb's (5000 bb bag) a game day easily...well my moto is...IF IT MOVES SHOOT IT!.....IF IT DOESN'T?.....SHOOT IT UNITL IT MOVES.

Here is the battery I use (although they supply them with deans connectors)

BATTERY (I can make you up a small lead that will connect your m4 standard fitting to deans for you just drop me a PM)
            Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Thanks for your kind offer. My M4 is a RIS model so I carry the battery in a PEQ box.
              Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Check the battery dimensions out 104mm x 33mm x 14mm (i think) they'll fit in your peq box no problem. However if you were wanting to fit a mosfet into then I would rear wire my gear box and have a stock tube battery (does away with the peq box) failing that the mosfet could sit in the ris rail just have the wires from the bat going into the ris.

What I have done in the past is , drill a hole in the side of the peq box, and feed the wire into the ris that way you don't see the wires hanging out as much, also some black heat shrink around the cables to make them black also takes the eyes of the cables.

If you can solder... or know someone who can then i'll post a diagram up on how to wire the ics gearbox for a mosfet.
                Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I'd love to have the diagram on the mosfet. I can solder so that's not a problem.

Thanks
                  Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul55 Find out more about Paul55
                  Working...
                  X