Collapse

STAR unusual version 2 gearbox - HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR unusual version 2 gearbox - HELP!!

Hi guys,

I have a STAR M4 SIR-S, and lately it has been loosing power at a ridiculous rate. The range has dropped to about 13 metres, and when adjusted the hop up does literally nothing!

Had the gear box apart this morning, and couldn't see any visible problems - no worn gears, no breaks or anything. A little bit of gunk and dirt around the piston was all there was to report.

Now, the unusual thing with this gear box is that a) it has a quick change spring mechanizm (you only have to remove the stock and you have access to the large screw holding in the spring) and b) the hop up unit cannot be removed without splitting the gearbox.

All I can think would be that it's to do with the air seal or something...

Does anybody have any ideas, or any experience with this type of gear box?
    Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Thanks.

Re: STAR unusual version 2 gearbox - HELP!!

new hop rubber tom me old mucker :D

Comment

sounds like a ares gearbox youtube will probly clear up what it is for you. as for your range problem im also going with new hop rubber needed.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately the hop rubber is quite new so i'm not sure, but will look into the possibility of missing nub tonight!

Comment

Have you checked the piston O-ring for wear ???????
          You could do a simple compression test to check the air seal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shredder I am a prolific airsofter, part of a team called UNIT 13. Love the sport and can't get enough! Find out more about Shredder
          Working...
          X