Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning

Does anyone have a link to a thread about cleaning a aeg? or post one? as im not entirely sure on how to do it for the first time and what i will need.

Re: Cleaning

Take out every bit, and remove all the grease. The grease will be black/brown, and have lumps in it. This is simply grease that has soaked up filth. Clean it all off.

Also, look for any dirt that has got into the reccesses between the teeth on your gears/piston. This causes massive resistance. A good way to test if you have done this OK is to assemble the gearbox with just the gears and piston in it, lined up so that you can turn the gears by pushing ther piston back and forth, you will be able to feel points of resistance. These bits will be the small bits of dirt.

Also, your gears should rotate a full turn at least (with the gearbox closed) after you spin them (based on stock marui gears, shimms and bushings, properly cleaned, shimmed and greased). If not, you have shimmed them too tightly, or there is still dirt in them.

To actually clean the grease/dirt off, use tissue/a CLEAN toothbrush. To get crap out if the gaps between teeth, use the blunt side of a stanley knife.

Also, give your hopup rubber a clean and a spray of silicone lube. Then, clean your barrel with tissue, and the cleaning rod supplied with most AEGs.

One thing to remember, after you have cleaned of all the grease/dirt, apply new grease.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thats great thanks mate, any suggestions on what grease to use? I work in a bike shop and we use stuff like this
      http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motor...otorex-grease/
      Is that ok?

Comment

Anything that's rubber safe is fine. I use halfords LM (which I assume stands for Lithium) grease. White tub with red lid. You could also use Marui grease, a small tube of which comes with any Marui gears.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

commandoboy Find out more about commandoboy
        Working...
        X