ICS M4 Semi Automatic Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 Semi Automatic Problem

I recently slapped a mosfet into an ICS M4, completely stock gun with a 1J spring. It's running on 9.6 1600mah battery. I took the lower gearbox apart to put the mosfet in (airfet, non braked) and while I was there I rewired the entire thing, re lubed and the like, general service.

Anyway, I put the thing back together and semi automatic is a bit busted, it sometimes works fine, other times double fires and other times just goes for it fully automatic style.

I had to take the from of the cut off lever off (the bit inside, not outside the mechbox) off, I screwed it back on, tight but loose enough it could still move. I don't know what I could have done wrong there, especially since it can go on in two orientations and I put it on in the wrong orientation first.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice for what else it could be, or some pictures of that whole assembly bit on the right position I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Alex

Re: ICS M4 Semi Automatic Problem

Alex I had the same problem, however I replaced the safety lever (part above the trigger) which stopped this problem. I don't know if it was becoming slack or what, they are around £5 to replace and worked for me. As long as you make sure that the wee lever (where the selector plate hits) is fully to the right when assembling it that should be it.

Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

hmmm ive got the same problem...with my ics m4...i stuck a li-po in it, and i also had intermittant semi function...so im in the process of replacing the switch,coz it looks a bit burnt,only a little bit...but i think a mosfet would also be in order as well....
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have mosfets fitted in my ics m4's and the problem still happened. As I said it was only when I replaced the safety lever thing that it stopped for me.

Comment

Yeah I slapped the mosfet in as on my ICS M16 the trigger contact disappeared, just a small burn mark left!

I'll be sure to have a peek inside though, and thank you very much for the photo, a picture says a 1000 words.

Comment

heres a photo of the full gear box (standard) for future reference

Comment

I'm normally fine with the gearbox buddy, cheers through!

Comment

no worries mate

Comment

Well I took the entire gearbox apart, and then put the whole thing back together again and I still have the problem, only less intermittent. It's strange because a quick blast of full auto normally sorts the semi out for a while, going to safe and then back to semi will bring back the double fire. I might just order one of those safety levers and hope that solves it.

I think I'l' wait for a new motor and gear set before I give it in.

Comment

i think the position of the safety lever is important also. make sure the part that the select plate hits is fully over to the right, when the safety lever is level as in the pictures above.

Comment

Yeah I've got it lined up so the lever on the other side pushes the selector plate over, but I think the problem might be the safety cut off. Really not sure unfortunately, when I take apart my ICS m16 (which I'm slightly worried about now) I'll take a look.

Comment

widen your trigger contacts , sounds lile the switch block was not going in to the contacts as far as it should so the cutoff is not working
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                          widen your trigger contacts , sounds lile the switch block was not going in to the contacts as far as it should so the cutoff is not working
                          The trigger travels all the way, the contacts are springy so that couldn't be the problem, I think it might be the bit that the cut off that the sector gear hits.

Comment

just had the same problem with ics m4's in the past ( if it worked before was thinking your soldering might have moved the blades), other things cut off its self or the switch block are worn
                            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                              just had the same problem with ics m4's in the past ( if it worked before was thinking your soldering might have moved the blades), other things cut off its self or the switch block are worn
                              yeah good point, check that the trigger contacts havent moved. Push it it with your finger and make sure they contact and loose contact when then should.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fuzzy Find out more about Fuzzy
                              Working...
                              X