Fuse Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse Question.

Last few months i have been having trouble with my g36c just cutting out and not working after only having a battery connected for a few mins. ive had many ideas and suggestions as to what could be the problem.
    But last night i was messing with it while the foregrip was off i burnt my leg on the fuse . i noticed that while the gun was not fireing the fuse was glowing and becoming very hot. So i tryed connecting the battery stright to the wire from the gearbox and it worked.

What i want to know is, is it safe to use an aeg without a fuse? and would it cause any longterm harm to any of the parts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Dumah; 10 August, 2011, 18:23. Reason: edit
    sigpic

Re: Fuse Question.

Well, I keep a fuse in mine just to be safe but I know quite a few people who don't use them and they don't have any problems

If I were you I'd just buy another fuse just to make sure that it's the fuse that's broken, it might be something else and the fuse cutting out might be stopping it from breaking.
    A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

You can normally remove the fuse. But, sounds like you have some serious resistance in your circuit - therefore this could damage other parts.

Check for exposed metal in the wires etc. Also anything strange about the gun, any funny noises, slowed down, FPS changed ?

Comment

Yeah, the fuse is there as a safety device, if it's causing a problem it will probably be because somethings wrong, and it's better to have a broken fuse than a broken gun
        A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

I have been running lypos an no fuse for a while with no probs but thats not to say is will be the same case for every gun.

Comment

You should run the fuse, the extra 1-2 rounds per second is not worth sacrificing the satisfaction that if your wiring connections go tits up your motor is safe. (Which costs alot more than a new fuse)
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Where is the batery fitted? Mines in a small peq but i can disconect it in a flash if i need to.

Comment

The fuse is 15 amp, and i use a normal 8.4v 1600mah VP battery. dunno if that makes any difference.

I have checked over the wireing and there doesnt apear to be any damage.
                The gun has never had good rof. but after having any of my batterys connected for a while the rof will get slower and slower, untill it just stops fireing all together. Then if you listen close you can hear the motor trying to rotate ( dunno how to explaine it) This is when the fuse starts to glow.. lol
                sigpic

Comment

I have a thermal resetting fuse you can have for a small fee ( postage costs) you can pm me your address and what fittings you have on your gun and ill solder them onto it. Youll never need to replace the fuse there great. Try them if it helps.
                  Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Sound like it could be a dogey connection of some part actually in the motor. have you got a spare to try?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah View Post
                      but after having any of my batterys connected for a while the rof will get slower and slower, untill it just stops fireing all together. Then if you listen close you can hear the motor trying to rotate ( dunno how to explaine it) This is when the fuse starts to glow.. lol
                      OK simple explanation of complicated electrickery things.

As you are shooting you are draining your battery's power level. As your gun cycles and begins to slow the battery's are getting weaker and weaker until they contain insufficient power levels to turn over you gearbox.

If you continue to pull the trigger the battery level drops below a level that allows the motor to turn. At this point you battery is effectively dead.

Now if you continue to hold down the trigger the motor will still try and draw power from the battery but it cant go anywhere as the motor wont turn. So you have a flow of electrons and nowhere for them to go. Therefore the weakest part of the circuit will begin to convert this flow of electrons into heat and light. This is how an electric bar heater works.

Firstly stop pulling the trigger!

If your battery's are failing quickly then they may be either very poor quality or not charging fully.

If the battery's or OK then you may have an issue within the gearbox perhaps a badly shimmed gear set incorrect motor height or just a very high drag internal set-up (version 1 SRC for instance)

You may also have bad or damaged wiring or if using Tamiya connectors a very poor transfer rate from one to another creating extra resistance.

Any of these may be the problem or none of them. We would need a little more information to help you narrow it down a bit.

Comment

All of my batterys are fine. while they are "dead" in the g36c they still power all 3 of my other AEGs .. I dont even have to be using the gun for it to stop working, just leaving the battery connected for a bit gets the same result.
                        The gun worked fine, if a little low on the ROF for 5-6 months. Then one game it just died on me, which lead me to originally believe my battery was nackered. I have not touched anything internaly and as the gun still works (for a bit) i dont think there is anything wrong inside the gearbox.
                        So my current thinking is that there is soemthing wrong with the peice of wire that has the fuse is attached to. But i cant see anything wrong with it..
                        sigpic

Comment

If the motor height is wrong it can cause the fuse to blow

Comment

You can run without a fuse, however it sounds like you have a serious issue which needs to resolved before you do anything like that.

Comment

Do you have a test meter?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dumah Find out more about Dumah
                              Working...
                              X