G&G m16 not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G m16 not firing

hi all, i have a gng top tech m16 but today at a skirmish my dean's wire broke whilst shooting, i didnt know this untill i checked it of course.

but i re soldered the deans wire, put it back in the gun but for some reason my gun wont fire, when i put it on single the trigger wont pull, but on full auto the trigger pulls. any ideas on what can be the problem?
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: G&G m16 not firing

Did you drop it?

Somethings jumped out of place / snapped somewhere for the trigger pull issues, could be a sellection of things.

Also... check your fuse hasn't blown if it has one.

Comment

If the cables broke there was probably some arcing and the fuse is bound to be blown. As for the selector issue, it sounds like the selector plate is in the wrong place (Don't know how you managed that?)
      Signature Removed

Comment

The reason the trigger wont move on semi is due to where the sector gear has stopped and has partilly moved the cut off lever into the path of the moving trigger contact preventing it from moving forward
        Once you fire the the AEG in full auto it should be OK

It is something that happens from time to time, it just depends on where the sector gear is when you release the trigger in auto
        It very seldom happens in semi

Comment

ok, so wheres the fuse likely to be located? iam new to fixing guns ect.

Comment

Usualy close to where the battery connects as it is in an m16 i would gues its rear wired?

Fuse should be in a black tube that splits in two.

If its front wired may also be in a black tube or stuck into two gold hucks somewhere inside the ris thing.

Comment

you legend, i have a clear tube at the back that looks like it splits in two. im guessing thats it. shame im on a night shift i would've loved to be working on it now :P

Comment

oh just on the subject of the fuse, where can i buy them?

Comment

also whats the best silicone sealent to use on a gas pistol magazine base?

im trying to seal the auto9 38 rnd mag's silver bit at the bottom, as its seaping out gas BAD!

Comment

It wasn't the fuse, I'm stumped

Comment

Your main option now is to get a volt meter to check to see if a current is going through each of the wires (one end to the metal on the deans connector, the other to either the electrical switch or the motor while putting the trigger), this will tell you if there is a break in the wire.

Also depending on the fuse you used it could have blown due to the large current being drawn down a contact switch (which is why we all should use mosfets). Most guns are installed with a 15A fuse, though I use 13A and rarely get problems because i get 13A free from work :P

Comment

FYI, volmeter should be set to Ohms or resistance

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                        Working...
                        X