Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC KAC PDW - Not firing properly

Heya All,

I recently picked up a PDW off here, when I got it the accuracy was appaling, so i took the hop out and saw that it wasnt seated correctly so I have put it all back in and together and all looked fine, it was aligned properly and the hop adjusted fine, all i did was clean the barrel out and reseat the bucking (this is the first time i've done this, so i could of made a mistake)

I had to resolder the deans connector on as I stupidly clipped one of the wires when putting it all back together, so I did all of this and put it back together, turns over fine....but when i put a mag in it only fires every 1 out of 10 shots or so and fires about 2 feet....so im sure ive done something wrong and hopefully its a simple fix.

Any ideas?

//Shaide
    sigpic
    [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]
    * WANTED : TM M9A1 /w Mags *

Re: VFC KAC PDW - Not firing properly

Is the hop up all they way on???

If it firing before, but not now I'd say have a look at the hop and bucking again!!!
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

your air nozzle may have a poor seal or there is something wrong with the feeding nozzle

Comment

I would check the hop rubber again and the nub. If it is still not playing take some pics of the rubber with the hop fully on and off, with one up the feed tube too.

If it shot befor and the only thing you have fiddled with is the hop. Untill you get that sorted I would advise not looking elsewhere for other problems. Or you will quickly dissapear up a very small hole...
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Okay a quick update...

I believe it is a feeding issue, i have taken the gun apart and when i line everything up it fires fine when loading bbs through the feed tube on the hop.

I put it all back together and it shoots like before...ive tried a bit of tape round the mag to help seat properly but nothing...im stumped...any ideas?

//Shaide
          sigpic
          [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]

Comment

whats mags are you using...can you get hold of different brands...also what bbs are you using,again can you try a different brand..bit of a long shot i know
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

if you have no other mags, borrow a friends or take it to the next game( if you have two guns, using the working one) aski if you can try someones mags in your PDW...

I use classic army Mags in my guns, run a treat
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I have tried the hicap it came with and that fed fine when i first got the gun, i have also tried G&P midcaps and will get my friend to bring over one of his pmags.

I have also tried it with blasters and excel BBs
                sigpic

Comment

Just some questions as had the same problem with a dboys pdw ( copy of the vfc )

is it still using the vfc hop ?
                  is the outer barrel tight ( 2 screws in front of the mag well )

the problems i had was some 1 had fitted a standard m4 hop unit but there a little larger than the standard dboys hop , the fake bolt was pushing down on the hop arm giving the gun far too much hop giving miss feed problems , and again the fake bolt was pushing on the larger gears so the hop was twisting at the same time
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaide Started playing Airsoft in 2004...so that is when my unhealthy addiction for guns began. I started off with the almighty FAMAS and have gone through many weapons up until now where I own the G&P XM177e2 Midas Edition :P Find out more about Shaide
                  Working...
                  X