X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P90 Hi-Cap magazine problems

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
    Here's a bit of info for people...

The Chinese (ACM) High cap mags for the P90 - work and feed flawlessly.
    On the other hand, their low caps don't follow the same trend.

The TM High cap mags are terrible, but their standard capacity magazines are brilliant.

Perhaps sell the TM High caps and replace them with the ACM ones? (as you'd probably get two ACM high caps for every one of your TM High cap - price wise).
    Are you sure the ACM ones are good? I don't want to fork out my cash and for them to break instantly.
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Originally posted by -waltherface- View Post
      Are you sure the ACM ones are good? I don't want to fork out my cash and for them to break instantly.
      Agreed. I'm very close to buying a P90 and would like to stick to hicaps if possible. Would very much appreciate some info on the ACM hicaps

Cheers

Comment

I have 1 TM and 1 ACM hi-cap. Both are equally problematic. I've not done any work on them yet, but when I do I'll be trying the panel pin mod suggested in another thread.

Comment

The main problem I have with my P90 and feeding is that because the magazine is held in by the reciever, which is not attatched in any real sense to the body (spring tension at best) it means that sometimes the magazines do not feed as the.. part.. that holds the BBs in is not getting pushed fully backwards by the .. other part.. on the body. Easily fixed by a blob of araldite, sanded down after curing, to give it a little more poke when the magazine seats.

Just thought that was worth mentioning for anyone who *still* cant get their P90s to feed properly.

Comment

Scrap all hicaps and buy a box mag in exess of 1500 rounds and I've never had a feed problem yet

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
              Scrap all hicaps and buy a box mag in exess of 1500 rounds and I've never had a feed problem yet
              and while you're at it throw some more kittens on the fire
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

The Hi cap's for the P90 suck.

Try and still to silver back mid cap's
                They claim 150/170 bb's in each but I think its closer to 130.
                On 1 of mine I still have a problem feeding the first 10 or so BB's as they travel about 2 feet or shoots 2/3 at once but it works fine after the first 10 or so.
                That is only on 1 of my 4 silver backs though so I don't know what causes it.

Shop about though as they sell for around £15 to £30 quid each.

Mag do mid caps as well but I don't know what their like yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  I'm sorry but if yer gunna do that you might as well get an F2000.

Back on topic though: Are there any other easier ways of making the hicaps behave themseslves?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan2390 View Post
                    I'm sorry but if yer gunna do that you might as well get an F2000.

Back on topic though: Are there any other easier ways of making the hicaps behave themseslves?
                    F2000..??
                    box mags are a great alternative to standard mags of any kind for the P90
                    Just my opinion but why buy hicaps just to have to strip them clean them mod them etc..etc.
                    For a little extra dosh than a hicap you get over double the capacity and most of all it works straight out of the box.
                    But if thats not your cup of tea (or your a leftie) then knock yourself out with hicaps.

Comment

F2000= FN's Bull pup P90 style 5.56mm assault rifle. The main reason IMO for buying a P90 is for the ergonomics, maneuverability and ambidextrous capability. I'm a right handed shooter but often switch hands when in CQB situations. IMO the box mag would get in the way.

Comment

anyone else got the pictures? or a link to a video on how to disassemble the mags? i saw one before i youtube but i'll be buggered if i could find it now <_< when i need it
                        sigpic

Comment

the jamming on these mags is usually down to bb,tolerence using top quality bb,s ie excell or marui seriously reduces the jamming.
                          the mags jam as the bb,s bottle neck just before they hit the feed cog and tapping the mag cures this.
                          do not over fill or do anything that increases the spring pressure as this just makes things worse.
                          the worst jams on mine are caused by using ics,z1,blaster bb,s but these cause jams in my normal guns so its excells only.
                          the us airsoft forum had some tutorials on how to modify your mags
                          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Thanks.
                            I found the old bag of excel BBs i got 5 years ago with my GBB and they worked great, without any mods to the mag.
                            Add strikemaster to the list of brands that dont like p90 highcaps.
                            sigpic

Comment

Guys
                              Does anyone still have these pics?

Nige
                              If She's Happy... I'm Happy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGT Blockage Find out more about SGT Blockage
                              Working...