need help with gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with gears

hi all I've just tried installing a systema m120 irregular spring in my g&g gr16. After installing it the gearbox kept seizing, I presume this is because the stock gears are incorrect for this spring as the gun worked perfectly ok when I installed the original spring after. Could anyone give me some advice as to what gear set I need to get to make this work. All tips would be welcome......thx

Re: need help with gears

M120 spring... that's pretty strong. Not going to give you site legal FPS.

Probably find the motor/gears don't have the strength to bring that back.

Comment

the motor managed to bring it back on full auto but on semi it couldnt quite bring it back. are there different gearing sets you can get or is it just a case of a stronger motor.

Comment

You will need a high torque motor to pull that sufficiently.
        Your stock set up may not handle that spring for long.

Good start list to get it working nice and smooth.

- Low resistance wiring
        - High torque gears
        - and a 9.6v battery

I take it you are getting that locked to semi as that spring will give you over 400fps probably.

Comment

whats a good motor for the job?

Comment

On a budget but will do fine list

- JG High Torque Motor
            - Guarder Torque Gears
            - Stock Wiring
            - 8.4v

No budget list

- Systema Magnum Motor
            - Deepfire Piston
            - Systema High torque gearset
            - Systema Low resistance switch block which includes wiring
            - 9.6v

Any high torque motor will do but the systema magnum is pretty much instant but does require wiring/switch block upgrades

You cant go wrong with the JG high torque though

Comment

What 8.4v pack do you have? NIMH NICD, Capacity?

Check the shimming and motor height.
              The G&G motor can pull the M120 on stock ratio gears, it is and has been a common drop in upgrade in the US for years. The ROF will be low but it should still cycle, use a 9.6v pack to compensate for the drop and the ROF should be close to what it was before the upgrade.

Guarder Torque gears are unnecessary and extremely inefficient for this setup, not only this but you'd need a half width teethed piston. The Stock ratio gears will do just fine if you are on budget, the Systema Torque up gears if not.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

I have a 9.6v 1400mh NIMH I tried a 8.4v nicad but both struggled on semi to the point where it was jamming just before the spring was released.

Comment

Are you intending to keep it full auto?

Just as you didn't really answer the post a couple above. A M120 will give you more FPS than legally allowed.

Comment

I have access to private land where me and a few skirmishes and we have all modified our guns and are consenting. I understand I couldnt use this gun on mainstream sites so yes I am going to leave it with full auto function for my private site.

Comment

Illegal.... as in the law. Not as in sites won't let you play.

The minimum sentence for carrying anything that is a "firearm" under the eyes of the law is 5 years.

Something to think about.

Comment

oh......So why would locking it to semi make it ok? and how come places like grange farm in leicester allow single shot snipers upto 500fps...........I'm confused now

Comment

a single shot springer is okay as over 378fps is classed as an airgun, locking a full auto capable aeg to single does not make any difference in the eyes of the law as the aeg will retain its classification as manufactured (not as altered by the owner) and over the 378fps limit for soft airguns it to will become an airgun .
                          only problems are that full auto airguns are section 5 in this country and prohibited to own as they fall under the firearms act.
                          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

pretty much anything over 378 is a section 5 firearm and if for any reason your guns are taken and chronoed by police you will be punished accordingly.. not such a clever idea!

Comment

oh I see your point. Sooooo if I upgraded to a m110 spring instead of a M120 what sort of fps could I achieve in my stock gun and would that keep me within the law?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

daza29 Find out more about daza29
                              Working...
                              X