Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I lube my mag's

Hi

I use Masada mid cap mags with my Magpul Masada and KWA SR10 - I have never used any lube on the mags though should I ? a friend of mine is using silicone spray on his mags (spraying it in the top of the mags) though he does have issues with his hop up playing up I told him I think this is due to the silicone getting onto the rubber

Thoughts please

Re: Should I lube my mag's

i dont see the need to lub your mags to be honest. I have never done it and I have never had any problems with mags or feeding
    Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Re: Should I lube my mag's

Magazine maintenance is very simple and everyone should do it. With mids and low caps a quick spray of silicon in the feed tube then load it up with a speed-loader and then dump the contents. I then reload without any further silicon and empty them again.

With Hi-Caps I do a similar thing with the feed tube as well as a small squirt on the winder in the mags base.

You do not need to do this very often and certainly not after every game but at least a few times a year depending on how often you play and the amount of abuse your mags get.

You should also give your hop unit a quick spray at the same time but remember that at the next game after that you may have to put a mag or two through it it clear any excess of the hop bucking.

Always remember with any lubrication that less is more! It's not deodorant so a really quick spray is all thats needed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Exibit Find out more about Exibit
      Working...
      X