m4 barrel removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 barrel removal help

Trying to remove the front end from my kwa m4. So far i have the Handguards, Front sight and Delta ring off (damn that was tight but mole grips FTW!)

But how do i get the actuall barrel off?

I need to open the gun to fit a new spring and inner barrel but should the outer come off before this?

Re: m4 barrel removal help

no.just take the wire out. and front and rear body pin.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm by sure about kwa, but you might want to remove the whole upper receiver first. And then the barrel should just pull out from there if it's the same as most m4s

Comment

ahh so it dosent just twist out from here?

Comment

What boo said, thats how most M4s work
          Originally posted by Tiercel
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

To do a spring and inner barrel change you don't need to remove the outer barrel, just the upper from the lower receiver, then you can pull the inner barrel and hop unit out of the gun and relieve the lower receiver of its gearbox by removing the pins, grip & motor, stock tube & stock, and you will need to look at the front wiring and pull that out through the upper receiver.
            Do your wires have a connection point before the fuse? Otherwise its going to be a bit of a git to get that fuse through, or you open the gearbox with the wiring still passing through the upper, a bit annoying but if you have to you have to.

Comment

Im Building a DMR and fitting a whole longer barrel as well, Ill start on the body now then and hopefully the rest will go smooth :D

Comment

Then you will need to remove the barrel. Smiley

Comment

Ok so it turns out the outer barrel just slides off quite easy

After I slid this off I noticed how wobbly the inner was. Removed the top half of the body and the inner barrel just slid out the back!
                  Is this normal or was it not fitted in right from the factory?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
                  Working...
                  X