Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmr hop advice :)

So I guess this is more technical help that advice

Anyway I'm in the middle of building a dmr from a kwa m4 cqb and a m16 front end and am now buying parts for the hop unit.

Will the kwa hop unit be ok to keep?

Will this fit a TM m16 outer barrel?

What will be the best rubber to use? (im aiming for somewere between 400 - 425 fps)

Should i get a new Nub and what kind?

What will be the best length barrel and diamiter?

Cheers chaps

Re: Dmr hop advice

An M16 barrel is 509-510mm I think, the tm outer barrel should fit as far as I'm aware. You might want to look into changing the cylinder as M4s normally have ported ones and M16s don't.

Comment

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ad=1291&page=1 that should help answer lots of your questions
      -barrel length sweet spot has been shown to be around 450mm in length and 6.04mm in diameter although there are lots of other factors that need to be taken into account
      you will need to change the cylinder as mentioned for the correct amount of porting
      -there are hundreds of combinations you can go with, if you have plenty of funds get yourself a quality 6.04mm, firefly nub, firefly hard bucking and prometheus NEO unit. However that is my personal experience that I have found after trying endless combinations but i am sure other people will have their own suggestions!
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Would a stock tm rubber be any good in a gun with this fps? i just found one in my box of bits

Comment

400/410 is when you tend to swap to a hard bucking compound, it will work but will wear much faster than normal
          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Firefly hard bucking if you can find 1, if not, madbull red. Im using the madbull ultimate hop with red rubber

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
            Working...
            X