Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgraded mp5 problem

hi,
    i've just upgraded my mp5 with a new cylinder & piston set, motor, 9.6 battery, barrel, hop unit, switch block, shims and bushings. After putting degreasing the gearbox, regreasing and installing the new parts on the first test is cycles fine with an amazing ROF but lacks the power to dint cardboard or go through a peice of paper (i haven't got a chrono so can't say exact FPS). I'm a bit new to gearbox upgrades but followed all advice and it works fine aside from this. Assuming it's an air leak... anyone know how to find it or if it's something else?
    cheers and sorry for the essay
    Andy Brewer

Re: upgraded mp5 problem

Make sure theres a good seal between the barrel and hop up, did you forget to put in the rubber piece or something ?:D jokes, just make sure everythings tight there.

Comment

thanks i'll check that. It's the same rubber as the stock hop up as the replacement didn't come with a new one. Is that a problem?

Comment

shouldnt be....... check the rubber on the piston head too....... might need adjustment

Comment

What spring are you running? Sounds to me like you've got a m80 or something in there. If you want more power, use a bigger spring.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brewer782 Find out more about brewer782
          Working...
          X