Ics m4 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics m4 help

Can I put a noveske mad bull on my ics m4, as I know that ics are a pain to put any gear on that's not ics. Has any one added free float to their ics?
    Help please! Save me some money.

Re: Ics m4 help

IIRC only ICS RAS/RIS will fit

Comment

You can but you might need to get a replacement delta ring as G&P and ICS use a different threading on the upper receiver. You can get these from some PTW airsoft suppliers, they're also called "barrel nuts" sometimes.

When you get one of these badboys you may also need to make a spacer of some sort. When I went to fit a DD Mk18 by Oracom to my ICS M4 I had to get a different barrel nut and machine a spacer on a lathe, worth it in the end though.

Comment

I got a Madbull Daniel Defence free float RIS to fit on my ICS M16 with no problems at all
        I think if yours has the Olympic Arms body then it's ICS only, if it's the newer Colt body then anything will fit. Don't quote me on that though

Comment

Thanks for the help I'll get one and make the dam thing fit if I
          have too

Comment

If it doesn't fit, Madbull make a tool to re-cut the threads on the ICS receiver to standard dimensions

The aftermarket RIS may also be too long or too short (by a small amount) but most ICS outer barrels should be adjustable for length via a grub screw halfway along the barrel. Let us know how you get along!

Comment

I wouldn't go and use a die on the receiver, I'd just get a replacement barrel nut for G&P / ICS compatibility. The newer colt bodies are the same (at least, I have two, and a TM barrel nut wouldn't fit).

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                The newer colt bodies are the same (at least, I have two, and a TM barrel nut wouldn't fit).
                That's odd, both TM and G&P barrel nuts work absolutely fine on mine
                I guess it's more down to a batch by batch basis then

Comment

I managed to get a g&p free float on my relatively new Ics...

Comment

It's the ics c15 with the colt body but I think it's fairly old

Comment

you can put just about anything you want on ics :D my 2 look like magpul and madbull love chidren, g&p outer barrels are a nono but madbull and guarder are perrfect...
                      edit..other gp parts will probly fit on just barrel was wayyyy to tight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BomberD83 Scum bag lol Find out more about BomberD83
                      Working...
                      X