X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g&g gr15 help needed

hi all

need some help

my partners son has just got a swiss arms red dot to go on his combat machine gr15 - now looking at the exploded diagram it appears that the front barrel set (gr15-cbbp-05) is a one piece unit which comprises of an outer barrel with the iron sights - when we try the red dot on the ris the foresight(iron sight) interferes with the line of sight from thr reddot - what im trying to ask is "is there a replacement front barrel set without the iron sights" - i cant see one on the g&g website - aaaahhhhh - am getting very frustrated - any ideas anyone???

(have suggested he sticks to iron sights but you know what kids are like)

thanks in advance

shev

Re: g&g gr15 help needed

ttt, I would also like to know this.

Comment

G & G should take outer Barrels from most other makes, you can pick them up cheap enough here or on FleaBay ;-)

Comment

Thaaaaaanking you, anwyay, guess i'll just have to wait and see if i can deal with the iron's in the way of my optics. If not then new barrel and gas block it is.

Comment

TBH the Gas Block will be the expensive part unless you are lucky enough to grab one 2nd hand :-(

You can actually get standard looking front Sights that fold down on FleaBay.

Comment

You could get a riser mount. So the red dot sits higher.

Comment

G&G GR15 Help Needed

Cut the foresight of with a hack saw if needs be!
              Last edited by One Shot, One Kill; 15 December, 2011, 00:29. Reason: Incorrect
              [Professional Training Weapon HK416] [WE M4 CQBR] [Tokyo Mauri Sig Sauer P226R]

[United States Navy EOD Impression]

Comment

Re: G&G GR15 Help Needed

I highly recommend buying a replacement outer barrel, the G&G 3 piece outer barrels are total crap, it's all held together by grub screws, and the front ends have a tendency to fall off if you don't keep tightening them all the time.

I've got a CA outer barrel in my CM16 and a guy I know has a JG one.

Seriously, replace that piece of junk, it's probably the only thing tha let's the combats machines down.
                WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Re: G&G GR15 Help Needed

Fair points, all of you. Tbh I actually forgot about folding sights some how, haha. Not really keen on the riser mounts, just wanting to keep my gun as simplistic as possible externally. Just gonna be the optics on there. And I definitely don't wanna take a hacksaw to it, lol. Guess its time to go look on the bay of e.

Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing the outer barrel has some problems. Will do then, thanks for the replies guys
                  Last edited by Chris_eleventy_two; 15 December, 2011, 00:55. Reason: new post

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shevchenko Find out more about shevchenko
                  Working...
                  X