SRC G36C, Top Rail 22mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC G36C, Top Rail 22mm?

Folks i bought a RDS but it doesnt fit the top rail off my G36. I have measured and the rail is 22mm, because off this the sight mounts will not tighten enough and grip the rds.

Is it supposed to be 22mm.

Re: SRC G36C, Top Rail 22mm?

I have an SRC G36c. I have no issues with the rails. Are you sure the RDS isn't too wide/small (depending if you're mounting it straight on or using an adaptor? I know you measured it, but it wouldn't make any sense for SRC to make their rails 22mm rather than 20m, thus surely making your problem worse if it wont even grip to a 22mm?!

I've heard of some SA80's having too smaller rails for standard sights, but not a G36. Sorry I hope that helps.
    What RDS is it? Any specs on it saying it's max-min rail width compatibility?
    Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 24 August, 2011, 19:59. Reason: info
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
      I have an SRC G36. I have no issues with the rails. Are you sure the RDS isn't too wide? I know you measured it, but it wouldn't make any sense for SRC to make their rails 22mm rather than 20m, thus surely making your problem worse if it wont even grip to a 22mm?!

I've heard of some SA80's having too smaller rails, but not a G36. Sorry I hope that helps.
      What RDS is it? Any specs on it saying it's max-min rail width compatibility?
      Its an NcStar RDS, just a cheap thing to tide me until i can afford something a bit better. (its all metal so its not that shabby)

The sight has clamps which can be turned upside down and they will fit dovetails.

The G36 has RIS rails on the front reciver and the sight fits on these spot on, its just the top rail its to bloomin wide... by 2mm lol.!!

Comment

I see. so the RIS attachment on the handguard fits the RDS, but not the main top rail.

That is weird. Did you buy the rail with the gun? I can only suggest filing down the rail for the sight. Or buying an adaptor.

Saying that, many sights have very adjustable mountings so you can totally unscrew the mounts, line them up, and then secure it as tight as possible. Or is it a slide on jobby?

Also in curiousity. Can you remove the side mounts by completely unscrewing them?
        sigpic

Comment

Would like to add: I have measured my rail. It IS 22mm on the widest part, but like I said, most sights have adjustable mounts so you can open them to about 25mm then close it up to about 18mm.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Highlander81 Find out more about Highlander81
          Working...
          X