Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hi chaps

Could some one please take me through how to rewire to the rear a src m4 gearbox please and I have a new hop and barrel...in simple terms what part goes were? Or the rubber etc

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but just trying to learn.
    This is a secondary rifle

Thanks

Re: Help!

First thing is first, rewiring usually needs extra parts. You can do it in one of 2 ways. The easiest way is to get a new switch block, though from recent experience of working on an SRC gun, this can run into a few minor issues (a switch block which is slightly off spec will do funny things and require minor modifications). I personally would say be ready to file a few bits down.

The more reliable way is to get some wire (silicone - 18awg or 16awg which is a tighter fit), a new connector (deans, tamiya, whatever), a set of 2.8mm female spade connectors and literally create a new wiring loom, then solder it in place of the old one. Will get a much better result this way, but requires more work.

The mechanism is simple enough

Battery - red wire - trigger contact - selector plate contact (usually) - red wire - motor - black wire - battery

So basically a battery goes via the switch block to the motor then back again.

-------

As far as the barrel - it goes like this

- barrel in the middle
    - on top of that goes the rubber - bump goes down the window in the barrel, rib goes in the groove on the other side
    - Hop unit sits tightly around the rubber, with the nub (tiny little cylinder which applies the hop) being able to push the bump on the rubber through the window to apply the hop. the barrel/rubber needs to be pushed in as far as the unit will allow it to be.
    - On the underside, before you attach the c-clip, you can use the rib to centre the barrel in the unit.
    - make sure that when you adjust the hop and look down the barrel, you do actually see a change.

Check youtube if you get stuck, it's all fairly simple to do though.

Comment

Or get Bachelarius to do it for you? Buy him a shiny toy or gadget and hes pretty much yours for the weekend =P
      Kiran Payne
      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Were does the little rubber nub bit go? Got the rest just not sure on the little bit...when I look and adjust there is no change

Thanks

Comment

The little rubber cylinder? 3mm wide or something like that. That needs to go between the hop arm and the rubber, pushing the rubber's bump through the window into the barrel. The arm should have a little cup on the end of it, which the cylinder sits in.

Just found an amazing little guide by Eagle6 (nice one guys!) here, which contains a good guide on the hop unit assembly

Comment

Cool thank you...anyone know how to undo the msg release on a d boys receiver ??

Comment

Originally posted by tropicaltrifle View Post
              Cool thank you...anyone know how to undo the msg release on a d boys receiver ??
              Is there a small allen bolt or screw on the mag release button? Genuine Q as I know nothing about Dboys.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
              Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

err, mag release? Normally that has a tiny screw on the button end. If you are lucky, it's a cross-head. If not, time to dig out or buy yourself a hex and/or torx driver set...

If there is no screw there, push the button through as far as you can and gently try to unscrew the mag release from the other side, while holding the button still.

Comment

Mag release should be a little screw on the actual mag release button, be careful you don't lose the spring and screw

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                  Working...
                  X