Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS ak74u hop up problems

Hello

I have just bought an ICS AK74u and the hop up unit is garbage! Whenever i get a decent level of hop it just shifts alittle to a position where there is less hop and therefore i'm losing range. I've heard no 3rd party hop units will fit so i was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions please.

Thanks

Re: ICS ak74u hop up problems

I'd like to hear some too as this AEG is one of my possible purchases & is it a common problem?

Comment

same here, I am looking at the ICS AK. Hope it's not a common fault.
      Is this a brand new purchase?

Comment

Firstly my first gun is an ics m4 and the gun and the hop are some of the very best i've seen and used, very very good! Yes this ak74 was a new purchase and i really wish i had looked else where to be honest.

Anyway this is supposed to be a common fault with the hop unit (this is where tm get their name) i tested a new guarder clear bucking in the hop unit today and it seems alot better. Only problem is the hop unit broke apart when i took it off lol (Again a common problem - google it if you don't believe me). So i'll gonna order a new hop unit tomorrow and see what happens.

I was able to fit the broken unit and i could tell the guarder bucking was working and hop wasn't shifting. If you plan on doing this then use the ics stock nub.

Anyway sorry for the long post, i'm still looking for solutions to this horrible hop unit so if anyone knows anything then please let me know.

Comment

Just thought i'd update this in case anyone came across it while having the same problems. I probably gave this gun a bit of a bad rep.

ICS redesigned the hop unit (the new one i bought) for the ak74 and it's flawless.

Guarder bucking is a bad idea in this gun, always use ics bucking. My AK74U fires prefectly now.

Comment

Hi, sorry for the necro post but I thought it would be better than to start a new thread, these redesigned hopups, are they the same as the original ones but molded in a better material or have they totally changed the shape?.
            Reason I ask is because I'm sick of forking out 25 quid a time only for my hop unit to shatter after 2 mags, also does anybody know of any after market hop units or mods to avoid using the ics unit?.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi

I used the redesigned ones and they are pretty solid. They are 98% identical to the old ones but they have wider holes where the screws attach the unit to the gun to prevent it from breaking. There are no aftermarket alternatives for this unit so you will have to use the ICS made hop up. Always use ICS hop bucking in this unit!!

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply and I'll look into getting one, for the time being I have modded a normal ak hop to fit and it works a treat.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stn i play airsoft in woodland Find out more about Stn
                Working...
                X