tm uzi gearbox locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm uzi gearbox locking up

hi guys, got a bit of a strange one here, got my uzi a few days ago, then my spur gears arrived in the post, had a few beers last night <not the best idea i know> opened the gear box, replaced the broken spur gear,shimmed the gear box and built her all back together, emptied a few mags worth of bbs into a box till the battery died,i went to try her in the back garden today and it seems the gearbox has locked,and ideas on what has happened as it kinda has me stumped, thanks in advance

Re: tm uzi gearbox locking up

Well if you used it til the battery died, chances are it locked up with not enough power left in the battery to turn the gearbox over fully, so it locked mid-cycle. Tried a fresh battery?

Comment

will do, hope it works

Comment

I've had an UZI from new and it's in parts for about 9 months now with the same issue.
        For some reason it keeps stripping the spur gear, then the sector, then the spur, etc etc.

I get about 10 rounds out of it before it strips and locks up again...
        I would look at the battery first (and cross your fingers...)

I've heard they will only take an 8.4v 800mah battery. They are so tempremental that an 8.4v 1400mah will strip them. Even though the rof increase is hardly anything.

To possibly save you the massive pain in the ass of ordering another Spur gear for it. An AA r85 or m14 (Version 7?) spur gear WILL fit if you trim down the shaft.

Fingers crossed its nothing bad though mate, they are a shower of shite to strip down aren't they.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pinkyanthebrain Find out more about pinkyanthebrain
        Working...
        X