M4 body causing misfeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 body causing misfeed?

Just a quick one, I've had this issue in the past on 2 M4 bodies and now a friends seems to have a very similar issue. I'm after clarification that the lower body/mag well could be at fault.
    The symptoms are when putting a mag in it makes the correct noises and you can hear it feed the first rounds. Let go of the mag and it stops feed, push the mag up and slightly forwards and it feeds flawlessly. I have eliminated the magazine by using one of mine which feed perfectly in my guns. I also tried a newer mag release catch to eliminate wear on that, I've tightened the barrel up too. The only thing in my eyes left is the large amount of play in the magwell, including 3-4mm of play up and down. Would you say that's a badly made or worn out lower? I had the same issue myself and never solved it even after everything internally was changed including hop.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Sean.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Usually just low quality control. Is it a jg?

I have this problem when using standard hi caps in my new socom. What I intend to do is apply a few layers of thick tape to the rear of the mag, towards the bottom of the mag well. That should then push it forwards for you.

Comment

Re: M4 body causing misfeed?

Think its an A&K body. Ive had this issue with G&G and an unknown pot metal M4 receiver myself.
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Try a 1" square of female self-adhesive velcro in the front of the magwell @ the bottom it worked like a dream in my CQB when a few of the mags refused to feed..

Comment

I've ha this issue before on m4s is the little spring at the from of the hop unit missing? That spring pushes the hop unit towards the back of the gun and helps to line up the hop unit with the magazine and helps it to feed properly

Hope that helps

Comment

Well bugger me sideways with a dead hairy badger, the velcro trick worked. 5 thanks to you snuff.

Dan_s, yes mate the spring is there.

Comment

Good...glad I could be helpful for a change....

Comment

I cant do that! My sopmod mags are a perfect fit, but my Hi caps arent. So tape for me I guess!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                Working...
                X