ics m16 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics m16 help

ok got an old ics m4 ive made into an m16 its base parts are about five/six years old its just had a service and is firing pretty sweet but there is a few issues.

I fitted a ics turbo 3000 motor and when it was being serviced i was informed there is an issue with the turbo 3000 motor head being too big for the gears causing additional friction.

As a result ive been told the gears will break down alot faster and my trigger response is pretty poor and whenever i go to fire it struggles with the first round, then with a second trigger pull it fires two bb's.

I thought it was possibly also something to do with the hop but its not a factor.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and can recommend an alternative motor and if a mosfet combined with a new motor would increase the trigger responce and perform suggest a suitable one to go for.

Cheers Bulb
    theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Re: ics m16 help

For an alternative motor, you can;t go worng with a TM eg1000. The struggling with the frst shot will be the motor issue, and it could explain the two bbs on the second shot. On the first shot, does it actually fire a bb?

Comment

no the motor turns but it doesnt pull the piston back enough then it fires fine after its done that.

cant beleive ive spent a hundred quid on two motors not had them a year both barely used apparently they work great in the newer ics gearboxes but dont work well in the older ones...if only i knew! lol

Comment

Ok, the doeble feeding on the second shot IS a result of the not feeding on the first "shot". The tappet plate will have loaded two bbs.

Anyway, try an Eg1000, if not, open up your gearbox

Comment

cheers bud the aeg is firing great in the grand scheme of things but this little issue is just a little way too annoying for my liking and it makes using it on semi a bit more difficult, i'll get the tm motor and give it a try hopefully it'll be problem solved, will report back when i get it.

Comment

whats the quality of youre battery like, it could partially be down to that

Comment

its a Gp 8.4 3300mah nimh battery

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bulb i like airsoft alot, oh, and beer i really like beer Find out more about Bulb
              Working...
              X