Tokyo mauri mp5 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo mauri mp5 gearbox

my friend has a TM MP5 that was sold to him a while back, its been around for a while and been well abused so Its not firing very hard any more but apart from that I dont think there is anything else wrong with it,

Im thinking of buying it off him and upgrading the spring maybe barrell etc as well to have it as a 2nd back up gun my question is does it use standard size springs and shims? I know the gearbox will be smaller? but have taken plenty of them apart I just want to make sure I buy the right spring and shims for it.

Cheers!

Re: Tokyo mauri mp5 gearbox

I think your best bet for working but needing a bit of TLC gun is to send it to the zero one service.

You can spend money on upgrades, ect. But this works out quicker, easier and sometimes cheaper.

Basically call them up tell them that you would like the gun serviced and a m100 spring installed. Im sure they can work out a price of £45 -55 for all this to be done.

They will take apart the gearbox, clean the whole thing out of gunk, re shim it, re- grease it, fit the 350 spring, clean the gun, barrel, check hop is functioning correctly.

You could also get them to install a systema tightbore barrel and systema hop bucking while they are at it. (might aswell)

With all this done - it will improve your rate of fire, fps, accuracy, range.

Alll you have to do is buy some KSC 0.25g bbs and you will be flying.

I would estimate for all this to be done (including parts) it will cost about - £100

Rough estimate dont quote me on that!

Well worth it, i know 100 sounds alot but think how much you spend on a regualar skirmish day (walk on, bbs, gas, food, petrol) sometimes comes up to £60/70

This would bring the guns effective range from about 25m up to 40m easy.

Miss one skirmish and add a wee bit of money and Z1 with have the gun back to him in a few days working better than brand new.
    Last edited by Rifleman2009; 17 September, 2009, 10:56.

Comment

For a £10 spring I'd just do this yourself. Best way to learn internals, loads of videos online.

The spring is just a standard size, any one will do. Not sure on the shims mind.

Comment

Springs are standard size, Shims are standard size and Bushings are 6mm, grease is cheap thats all you need.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Brilliant thanks chaps, with regards to sending it to zeroone I wont be :P I have done all the previous gearbox work on my aegs myself, I just wanted to confirm the size of the internals

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rich1988 Find out more about rich1988
          Working...
          X