Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR300 feeding issues

Hi there,

I'm having issues with my G&G GR300. I've recently purchased a brand new G&P M4/M16 gearbox complete with internals and have fitted it to the GR300. I've also fitted a new metal hopup with bucking and sleeve. The gearbox cycles perfectly however it appears that its a bit hit and miss whether a bb will fly out the other end of the barrel. I've checked to see if the hopup unit is correctly and installed but can see nothing wrong there. I've looked at the gearbox through the magazine housing and can see it sits flush to the hopup unit and when it's fired i can see the nozzle going back and forth as expected. What should I be looking at to fix this issue?
    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Re: GR300 feeding issues

could be the mag, have you tried using a different mag, or firing the gun upside down?

Comment

Yup that was my first thoughts but i change to known good mags and also upside down shooting, result is the same pretty much
      "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Quick question, are all nozzels on gearboxes the same size? I was just wondering if the GR300 gearbox has a slightly shorter nozzel to the G&P M4/M16 gearbox? I thought it would be ok to put this gearbox into the GR300 as its an M4 variant?

Comment

Ok I've solved the issue. I took the gearbox out from the body and inspected it closely. It was then that I notice that the nozzle had small rub marks on the very tip at the 12 oclock position. I then took the gearbox apart and compared the nozzle with the standard one it the looked as though the were of equal length HOWEVER the stock nozzle was chamfered at the tip therefore giving just a little more clearence in the hopup chambre. I swapped out the brass nozzle for the plastic and pieced it all back together and hey presto she's firing perfectly and better still, shes firing accurately as i reckon the brass nozzle was pushing the bb a little too far into the hopup for it to be consistent. Happy days gents and hope the mods mark this title as FIXED to aid others.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ward8124 REME 94-02 Find out more about Ward8124
          Working...
          X