Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying parts for an M14

Hello everyone.

Im after some help. I might be trading one of my guns for an Ares M14 EBR and I want to upgrade it a bit. I dont have alot to spend, about 50-60 quid max right now, so looking at small things.

My problem is, Im not sure what version parts go in an M14 gearbox? I know an M14 gearbox is version 7, but I cant find any specific upgrade parts for an M14 gearbox. On some sites it just lists things like "SHS cylinder" and such. Are things like cylinders not specific to versions of gearbox's? Thanks

Also whilst Im on the topic, if you were buying an Ares M14 EBR, what would you upgrade it with to increase range, and in what order if you were doing it over time?

EDIT: Oh, and I also would want to limit it to single shot only so I could raise the FPS to 400. How could I go about this? Is mosfet the only way?
    Last edited by Nomad; 6 September, 2011, 22:27.

Re: Buying parts for an M14

Tightbore and a hop rubber, job done

Comment

ok mate thanks. Any idea what sort of range id be getting with those upgraded?

Also, Im good for the tightbore, but what version of hop rubber do I buy? Is it specific to the M14 or does it just take an M4 hop rubber? This s the issue Im having.

Comment

Ive found a "Guarder SP120 full tune up kit" on a certain supporting site, but it says its ONLY for the TM M14. Thing is, I can only find upgrades for the TM M14 on their site.

Surely both the Ares M14 and the TM M14 use a version 7 gearbox, so wouldnt the Guarder tune up kit work fine?

Comment

any ideas guys?

Comment

I own a TM m14, have put a prometheus tight bore barrel in it and its range is incredible as the barrel is damn long already, if your looking for a cheap upgrade that would be my advice, get that done before you start tampering with your gearbox. Oh and they might be differnt but on the tm m14 you simply remove the fire selector internals to make it single shot. Hope this helps!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Muzlie View Post
              I own a TM m14, have put a prometheus tight bore barrel in it and its range is incredible as the barrel is damn long already, if your looking for a cheap upgrade that would be my advice, get that done before you start tampering with your gearbox. Oh and they might be differnt but on the tm m14 you simply remove the fire selector internals to make it single shot. Hope this helps!

Scott
              OK thanks matey. Surely that would disabel the safety though if you removed the fire selector?

Comment

Muzlie is correct if you simply remove the selector (2 screws) then the M14 will only fire in semi as the cut off lever spring will move the selector arm to the semi position
                The safety in front of the trigger only blocks the movement of the trigger blade
                On the TM M14 it has an extra electrical contact on the safety lever that the clones from ACM, Kart etc do not have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nomad Find out more about Nomad
                Working...
                X