Collapse

Consistent with a good or bad air seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent with a good or bad air seal?

My chrono turned up today and im wanting to know if these number's are good / bad :D

I did 20 shot's with a max difference of 9.1fps and and a RPS of 13.08 and an avg of 327.295.

All with .25's

Re: Consistent with a good or bad air seal?

why with .25s?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Because he wants to use .25s? Just a thought really, I chrono mine on .25s when I cant be bothered to find my .20s.

9.1FPS deviation isnt bad tbh, I get a 4fps deviation which Im happy with.
      I would say though, get it crono'd on .2s mate, the readings you have are quite close to what mine were and that proved to warm for some sites before I changed the spring, it now sits bang on 350fps average.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The guy i bought the gun from said it liked .25's so i just stuck with them,ill have to get some .2's to try them with the chrono.

I play on a private sight so fps isnt a problem,and when i do go to a normal site ill just switch the upper gearbox (i have an ics m4)

Ive run out of ptfe tape so ill pick some up tomorrow and rebuid the upper gearbox then re chrono it,im new to all this so even if i still get the same difference in fps ill learn something

Comment

give this a read - should help get it more consistant, although like mentioned above it's not bad really. Most stock guns come out with similar consistancy. Best i've ever got is +/- 1.5 fps

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ad=1291&page=1
          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
            give this a read - should help get it more consistant, although like mentioned above it's not bad really. Most stock guns come out with similar consistancy. Best i've ever got is +/- 1.5 fps

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/i...ad=1291&page=1
            Lol it's on my fav tab,it's the reason i bought the chrono and decided to try and improve my air seal.

I also bought some grease and an air seal nozzle,it was systema grease (only one they had in stock) and it was a tiny pot that's only half full,not a happy chappy...

Comment

Ive just lubed the upper gearbox and fitted a guarder air seal nozzle and got a low of 331.9 and a high of 341.9,ive gained near enough 10fps but have a difference of 10fps.

Comment

as long as you follow the guide as closely as possible then you should be fine

Comment

I'll have another go when i get some ptfe tape

Can you get one piece cylinder+head? or a head that screw's into the cylinder?

Comment

unfortuantely not however if you get yourself almost any double seal cylinder head the seal will be perfect! nice little idea though!

Comment

Money to be made there :D

I take it i need a v2 head?

Comment

if its going in a v2 gearbox yep

Comment

It's an ics gearbox and if what ive read on here is true it's slightly different to a v2,pretty sure the piston,cylinder ect is the same tho.

Comment

yeah ICS tend to do their own little thing with parts, just double check it will fit before you buy the part! i believe the only difference in the split gearbox is the splitty bit of it, parts such as the cylinder head are not different to standard version 2, if i'm wrong someone please correct me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

flatline Find out more about flatline
                            Working...
                            X