piston help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston help

hi guys i recently got a g&p moe m4 and it sound like the piston as gone already. so i wondering what would be the best piston to put in that would last longer than the standard one.also i am running a 7.4v lipo on the m4
    many thanks
    gibo

Re: piston help

you sure its the piston mate,

best way to see,

take the top reciever off the gun, you should be able to see into the gearbox via the slot at the rear, if you can look inside with a torch and see if there are any piston flakes in the gears lube......

also there are many pistons you can use,

supercore piston, scs piston, CA piston, element piston, ultimate piston,

Comment

I would say go for a SHS piston as I have just put one in mine running 30rps with a M110 spring (2 teeth ST at 360fps) and it has just done its first Sunday and it fired about 5000 rounds one of those mags mag I put it to the test and opened the trigger for the hole 360 rounds. and the piston still looks new.

Comment

would that put the fps over cqb limits ?
        gibo

Comment

The actual piston is rarely the problem in a "normal" set up, much more likely to be other factors such as the AOE or preengagement.

Comment

Most outdoor sites say 350fps max some say +5% is acceptable. As for CQB i have been to site with a 300fps limit and a 350fps limit.

But you were asking for a good piston so if i can run 30rps with one just gives you an idea of the strength of the piston. If your only going to use a 7.4v you should not need to run such a hard spring
            Do you know if your piston has gone? G&P piston are normally good and on a 7.4 I should think you should easily get 50,000 rounds out of one.
            Did you but it new?
            what spring are you running?
            Any Idea what the ROF is, as running a soft spring with i high ROF may course pre-engagement

Comment

well i bought it in july it is internally a standard set up just runing a 7.4v lipo to be fair i do run it hard i think it is the piston cos i found white plastic shaving on and rund the gears what would you guys do now ?
              many thanks for the help
              gibo

Comment

well if it was new in July and its standard and you have all ways run or run for over a 1000 rounds on the same battery, I think we can rule out pre-engagement being the cause of failure

I have also heard that G&P gears and pistons are made in batchs and that the quality can decrease towards the end of a batch.
                Also G&P guns can be sold with a 18 month warranty If I was you and the gun was brought from new and never moded, I would look into sending it back if you don't want to do the work on it yourself. if not just clean the GB and the gears and replace the piston.

Comment

ok i think ill send it back and let them do it. thanks you for all the help lads mod please close many thanks guys
                  gibo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gibo Find out more about gibo
                  Working...
                  X