Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM eg1000 in ics m4

Hi

Wanted to replace the turbo 3000 with a tm eg1000 motor. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so what the results/any problems were?

Cheers

Re: TM eg1000 in ics m4

you cant do a straight swap you have to either put a ics pinion gear on the tm motor or install a tm bevel gear to match the tm pinion gear. a tm pinion contacting a ics bevel gear will end in a mess. i swapped all my turbo 3000's out for g&p m120 motors by replacing the pinion gears on the new motor i reccomend doing that.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up man, i had heard it was best to install an ics pinion gear on a new motor so i'll be doing that. I was really hoping to cut down on the awful noise the turbo 3000 makes, are the g&p motors quieter compared?

Comment

yep definatly alot quieter than the screetchy turbo 3000s and considerably faster

Comment

Brilliant, just the advice i was looking for, cheers. I'm using the eg1000 as part of a suppressed aeg (ics ak74u with the rubbish hop unit) set up, at the same time i'm just going to replace the 3000 motors in my other guns (m4/m16) aswell because there way way too loud.

I am hoping to post my findings as to the most effective (with cost as a factor) components for a reduction of sound. So far as i'm sure everyone knows it seems like a suppressor and a TM eg1000/eg700 motor are 100% worth buying even if thats all you do.

Comment

most ics guns come quite well shimmed but i have noticed on a few a nice re shim and re grease helps the sound too.
            sounds like a good idea you have there maybe a youtube before and after vid?

Comment

Proper shimming + grease is a good point which I’ll have to look into. I have a £150 directional microphone for my camera so hopefully a youtube video will be able to portray the results. I’m also trying to measure the amplitude on my pc. Should be interesting but may take a little while.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stn i play airsoft in woodland Find out more about Stn
              Working...
              X