Ics M4 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics M4 Help

I am in need of some urgent help, picked up my Ics m4 yesterday and seems to have a serious issue.

When switching to single fire, it fire's auto until i pull the triger right in.
    It then fire's one descent shot and then spits the second out.
    Seems to work better on full auto but then drops a pellet out the front of the gun which i will cure with a new hop rubber.

I have opened it up but can't see anything wrong with the wiring, it did recently have a crane stock added to it.

What could be the problem as i need this fixed for a game on sunday.

Re: Ics M4 Help

Things to look at:

Hop bucking - replace or just take out and re-install
    Tappet plate - check it isnt bent - manually move it with your hand to make sure it does its job
    Nozzle - make sure that the tappet plate is connected to the nozzle correctly
    Selector plate - If there is no other problem with the other parts you with need to replace this bit, sound like it could be damaged from incorrect installation, happened to my G3 so i replaced it and works fine.

All these parts are really cheap to replace anyways if you need to do so - now your only worry is getting the part/s before the weekend!

Oh and when it does fire, does it have reduced power?

Comment

Thanks for that, will check it tonight.

It was averaging around 330fps but will fire one shot at 328 then it drops to 270/290.
      When fired on auto it jumps back up again to 328 but then drops when on single.

Comment

Sounds like you are losing airseal somewhere. Check your rubber for tears and deformaties

Comment

well i've changed the motor from a turbo 3000 to a tm 100 motor which sounds alot better.
          I've changed the hop rubber which fixed the pellet falling out the bottom problem but still it fires on auto both when single and auto are selected.
          I've changed the selector plate too.

Could it be the wiring loom itself?
          Would i need to replace that?

Comment

Dont know if you still need help with this... but it sounds like it could be your trigger contacts on the wiring loom. i would suggest having a look at them to check they arent burnt out from arcing etc

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

Originally posted by Dom S View Post
              Dont know if you still need help with this... but it sounds like it could be your trigger contacts on the wiring loom. i would suggest having a look at them to check they arent burnt out from arcing etc

He said its new, they wouldn't have been burnt out...

Maybe they "might" have been damaged however, so yes, check that

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Could you be shorting out the wires where it's been taken into the crane stock?
                sigpic

Comment

check the tappet plate and trigger contacts, its possible that the part of the tappet plate/ trigger contact that allows full auto is some how connecting when it shouldnt be

Comment

open the receiver up, and very carefully widen the contact blades. this will make the contact later, giving the cut off leaver a chance to flick the blade off!

e presto!

If it's a new gun, why didn't you just take it back to the place of purchase?
                    Little things like this can easily be overlooked and are just as easily remedied. At least by letting the retailer sort it out for your you don't void your warranty!

Oli
                    Student Of Master Fong

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deakenj Find out more about deakenj
                    Working...
                    X