Tight bore barrels.... advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight bore barrels.... advice

Ok i decided the other day that its time to finally finish the L85 i have. Now before i begin i should tell you whats in it.

STAR L85 A2 with UGL attached.
    Internals
    Gearbox: Blowback version (going to be replacing this with a ARES steel one and grinding out a slot so i can still have the blowback)
    Motor: Systema Turbo Short Type
    Spring: SP100
    Gears: Guarder Hi-Speed Gears
    Piston: Deep Fire Titanium Tooth Piston
    Spring Guide: Guarder bearing support
    Bushings: Systema 6mm steel bushings
    Shims: Systema shim set
    Piston Head: Guarder
    Cylinder/Head: Guarder m16a2
    Inner Barrel: 6.03mm 509mm Madbull ver2

I want to replace the inner barrel with something tighter, don't get me wrong the madbull hasn't let me down, and since its been "properly broken in" its grouping has been decent, the susat also lines up nicely.

However after seeing the PDI 6.01mm 520mm barrel my desire for it is well through the roof! The L85 is already amazing, and i don't think i'll ever stop tweaking it, just need a few questions answered on the barrels.

Will it jam the gun if i get one of these? (the setup is a fast ROF and i use 9.6's batterys)
    Is the range going to get better?
    What BB's would be recommended? (i currently use KSC's 0.20s)
    How hard would it be to maintain?
    Is it worth upgrading?

Ta very much
    G
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Re: Tight bore barrels.... advice

I seen a comparising on a american forum by a retailer

They tested throughly the differences between a 6.01 and a 6.03 and suprisingly the 6.03 had much better results.

6.01 barrels are usually put in sniper rifles to get that extra 5-10fps because as you know america when they are uprgrading its all about fps but it turns out that the 6.03 barrel give slighly better range and much better accuracy.

If you fancy a shiny new tightbore go for the Promy 6.03 - very good barrels - they dont peel like madbulls do after a year or two.

Hope this helps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garf3r the pen is mighter than the sword... but a bullet silences the writer Find out more about Garf3r
    Working...
    X