X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High speed set up with 6mm ball bearing? not a good idea

sigpic

Re: High speed set up with 6mm ball bearing? not a good idea

As it happens i have a 8mm blow back gear case doing nothing. Hows that for a shameless plug?
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

I would never run bearings in a high speed set up even if they were 9mm they just cant be trusted and to prone to failing.

Comment

any one know where I can get a 8mm lower gearbox for ICS?
        sigpic

Comment

Get yourself an 8mm case and buy yourself the modify 8mm ceramic bearings. They are amazing, currently running a 35rps setup on them. They've been working for the last 4 months without a problem.

I would never run a high speed setup with 6mm beaings. They're just too small and will get ripped apart in no time.
          Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

6mm all bearings have always been seen as a big no no, it's more that they can't withstand the load spikes than anything.
            7mm are a little better but still commonly fail at common high speed, 8mm is the best route if you really want to be safe.

In your case though (ICS split piece), I would advise 6mm oilless sintered steel 6mm.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 17 September, 2011, 11:15. Reason: Moved to tech section
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ive never had a set fail, its all about the install and quality of the product.

Comment

That happened to me, but it ripped up the shell and gears as it all went to bits in an attempted 11v lipo setup. Not a happy day

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                  Ive never had a set fail, its all about the install and quality of the product.
                  I have never seen a set of Kanzen ceramics fail (in any size) but have seen dozens of element (and other low end brands) fail in average set-ups let alone in hi-rps or hi-torque applications. Even those where the standard of installation has been good.
                  bought [bawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                  brought [brawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Its Important not to damage the casing during install, evenly press them in and if theres any pertruding bearing like in the photo create space between the bearing and selector plate / selector switch / lower shell.

Comment

yeah (for those who didnt know)you have to tighten up each screw a little bit at a time to prevent the casing from warping,which could cause stress on one bearing...
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have never had a set of bearings fail, but would never intentionally set out to use anything other than 8mm or on occasion 9mm bearings.

I have run SHS bearings in my own guns to 70 a sec. Set the gear box up correctly and you will be fine. But for 6mm I would use bushings.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deanfirst Find out more about deanfirst
                        Working...
                        X