Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85 fitting front ris kit

right I have bought a Ics L85 and the madbull daniel defense front ris kit

ignoring that it doesn't have the correct adapter, it should just slide down the front of the gun to fit? yes?

it doesn't. the way the front sight is mounted to the outer barrel, and the construction of the way it holds the original handguard, won't allow the ris kit to slide on. it won't slide onto the top.

the only way i can see is to remove the whole front sight mount, by removing the 2 split pins holding it in, but how i then get those pins back in with the kit on i'm unsure

has anyone else fitted this kit to an ICS L85??

Re: ICS L85 fitting front ris kit

try opening the top gas parts cover and slide on from below. i have an rs dd rail on my ics l85
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

The problem is on the madbull one i have the recesses that the block would slide along aren't the whole length of the trail kit

Tried it with the top open on the kit but it makes no difference

Comment

tried to show the top gas block mount on the l85, as you can see its quite wide so it won't fit into the front ris kit from the top

the inside of the ris isn't channeled the whole length so it won't slide on

the only other thing i can think of is to remove the whole barrel, fit the kit, then the barrel

Comment

Scratch that.

having just fitted the rail with its lcs adapter, , the gas block doesn't sit as low in the ris as i thought

Comment

Hi - I am having the same issue - Can you give a bit more detail on how you did it please?

Cheers,

Comment

Firstly have you the adapter that fits onto the gun in place of the green banking plate?

to get the kit to fit it looks like the barrel should be half way down the centre of the ris kit. its not. the front forks on the barrel (that held the original hand guard) actually slot into a groove above the centre of the ris.

just try and see and you'll find it . obviously open the top battery flap otherwise the gas block won't clear the inside of the ris

hopefully that helps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rincewind Find out more about Rincewind
              Working...
              X