li-po question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• li-po question

how do li-po batterys compaire to a ni-mh performance wise, all i seem to fine are 7.2v and 11.1 li-po's my main reason for looking at using them is the small size but how do thay perform?

any input would be great,
    paul.
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Re: li-po question

i have used lipos many times i think they as very good as you do not go above 1100 mah as it destroys internals even very good ones.
    7.4 gives you as good rate of fire as a 9.6 and even a little more great battery's but make sure u get the right charger.
    11.1 these are beasts and do give insane rates of fire these are only for the experianced as can be a bit troublesome
    also they last longer than normal battery's so 1000 mah may last almost as long as 2200 on a normal battery.
    Last edited by glock17; 21 September, 2009, 20:45. Reason: adding info

Comment

its finding a cheap charger thats my problem. i want li-pos but i cant find a cheap charger for em

Comment

7.4V 1100mah 15C can give a ROF of 15, 11.1V 1600v 12C can give you 25-27ROF. It always comes down to preference and how you set your GB out. We suggest start with 7mm bearing reinforced GB to be lipoly friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
          its finding a cheap charger thats my problem. i want li-pos but i cant find a cheap charger for em
          you can get one for £6 from ********* ****, but they also sell a decent one for £40, depends what constitutes as cheap for you.

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
            7.4V 1100mah 15C can give a ROF of 15, 11.1V 1600v 12C can give you 25-27ROF. It always comes down to preference and how you set your GB out. We suggest start with 7mm bearing reinforced GB to be lipoly friendly.
            Well...
            I run a 1300mah. Capacity/Discharge rate can affect that quite a lot, larger capacity battery packs will perform a lot better, especially with LiPO.

Get a decent charger and balancer, you really don't want to be cheaping out with LiPOs. LiPOs are getting cheaper, so as along as you have the charger you safely charge others in future.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 29 September, 2009, 23:11.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
              Well...
              I run a 1300mah. Capacity/Discharge rate can affect that quite a lot, larger capacity battery packs will perform a lot better, especially with LiPO.

Get a decent charger and balancer, you really don't want to be cheaping out with LiPOs. LiPOs are getting cheaper, so as along as you have the charger you safely charge others in future.
              I have been a heavy lipoly user since I started playing this wonder game many years ago.
              Well, I got one of the best Lipoly Balancer charger available in the market today and I have done an extensive review about it. Check out some famous airsoft forum sites. I am not allowed to post it here or I'll get banned again.
              Last edited by centaur; 29 September, 2009, 23:38. Reason: add details!

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
                I have been a heavy lipoly user since I started playing this wonder game many years ago.
                Well, I got one of the best Lipoly Balancer charger available in the market today and I have done an extensive review about it. Check out some famous airsoft forum sites. I am not allowed to post it here or I'll get banned again.
                I too spent a lot on my charger/balancer/p.supply.
                I do appologise, that second paragraph wasn't directed at you. Its just a general message to anyone out there looking to go LiPO.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                  I too spent a lot on my charger/balancer/p.supply.
                  I do appologise, that second paragraph wasn't directed at you. Its just a general message to anyone out there looking to go LiPO.

It's what I am always suggesting bro buy a great all in one Charger Balancer or they will regret having a lipo. I have a full review of this kind of articles posted to different airsoft forum sites (3-4 sites here and the US).

Comment

What's a balancer?
                    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Originally posted by Ward8124 View Post
                      What's a balancer?
                      It balances each lipo cells voltage. The voltage for each cell should not defer by >.01v

Here's some pics of unbalance lipo. Take a note on the the blinking light bulb icon, it's balancing each unbalance cell

And here's a Balance lipo cells, light bulb icon stops blinking, a well balance lipoly

Comment

Fark me that looks expensive then!
                        "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

You don't need to buy one, Just send me your lipo's then I'll balance it for you..............heheheheehe!

Comment

LOL just put an offer on one on a certain auction site.... 15 quid

Comment

NiMH batteries suffer a horrendous voltage drop when you suck huge currents out of them, like turning our motor (especially initially). This slows things down, and makes the usable power output lower.

Lithium Polymer batteries do not suffer from this voltage drop, and will output a higher current for longer. This means that for the same voltage and current ratings a LiPo will perform better.

However, LiPos are fragile, and when they fail they frequently let you know by CATCHING FIRE. Discharge it too much? FIRE. Physical damage? FIRE. These are not good things. They're very sensitive to both, and there's no meter in most guns to know to stop discharging. It needs to be added. This means an extra cost, but it also means you'll gain a MOSFET into the bargain. It may also mean changing the layout of the wiring in the gun, which may be complicated.

For the average user the gain from using a LiPo over a NiMH is the better performance. The disadvantages are the fire risk, higher battery cost, higher charger cost, and the need to add more electronics to the gun, and possible re-wiring that entails. In short, unless you already knew all this, it's probably not a conversion I would recommend, yet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wires Find out more about wires
                              Working...
                              X