Tightbore barrel on Jing Gong AK47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightbore barrel on Jing Gong AK47

Im thinking swapping the barrel on my JG AK47 for a tighter one. Im told it'll give me better accuracy. A few questions though.

How easy is it to fit a new barrel?
    Am I likely to gain or lose FPS?
    Will it alter the range at all?
    Is it worth doing in the first place, am I going to notice much of a difference?
    Can you recommend a good barrel?
    Anything else I should bear in mind? obviously from my previous questions Im a bit of a novice at upgrading etc.

Thanks

Re: Tightbore barrel on Jing Gong AK47

How easy is it to fit a new barrel?

Pretty easy, you don't have to dive into the gearbox. So just follow a guide. Essentially take the case off the weapon, undo some screws on the unit and remove.

Am I likely to gain or lose FPS?

Might see a small gain, around 5fps!

Will it alter the range at all?

Not really, the range comes from a good hopup rubber/nub. Which whilst your in there might aswell change. New nub/rubber is under £10. Systema, Guarder, Madbull Shark, TM all get good reveiws.

Is it worth doing in the first place, am I going to notice much of a difference?

When I did mine, I didn't think "wow". But it is part of a group of upgrades that will give you good results working together. Switch to .25 BB's, get in the new rubber/nub and make sure it is firing a site friendly 350fps or below. That will then be a sweet set up. The most important thing is spend a good 10mins getting that hop unit set in the exact best position. You want it to not fly up at the end over heads, but don't want it to fall short.

Can you recommend a good barrel?

Madbull Phyton VII is the standard really, about £30. If you want to get super tech, read up some reveiws online.

Anything else I should bear in mind? obviously from my previous questions Im a bit of a novice at upgrading etc.

Not that I can think of. Just do the work on a clean flat surface so you don't loose screws. Also watch a guide of how to remove the barrel from the hopup unit without losing the nub :P

Comment

Re: Tightbore barrel on Jing Gong AK47

For an ak I believe it is harder to change the barrel then other guns but theres a tutorial on mechbox.com, great site.

It will increase fps, around 15-20 fps and the range will be increased as its got better compression..

If your changing the barrel on its own tho the difference won't be much and its worth changing the hob bucking and nub which will increase fps slightly and increase range.

Some stock jg aks do 370+ out of the box so you may want to get it chrono'd anyway and you probs will need to downgrade the spring - someone at your local site will most likely be able to do if not do it yourself

Another option would be to give the barrel a good old clean - it does wonders.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RagEd Find out more about RagEd
      Working...
      X