Li-Po battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li-Po battery

any body use these? heard so many mixed reviews, thought id confuse myself some more and ask for your opinions on them..
    If i get one i will be fitting it to a VFC KAC PDW......
    obviously the only down side im seeing of the chance of it blowing up, but surely this is only if u abuse it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx3mo...1&feature=fvwp

let the banter roll...
    sigpic
    9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Re: Li-Po battery

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...highlight=lipo
    that might be able to help you a bit bru

get a good charger with built in balancer like a venom pro charger & your have no problems. lipo's explode when they are not balanced / voltage is allowed to drop too low.
    is probably the the most important bit

think that is the most important bit, dont have one myself so can't give a personally opinion on it, but should be getting one soon hopefully.

Comment

i did search i promise haha.. cheers mate
      sigpic
      9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

I've used LiPo's in RC planes for years now, and the only problem i've had was accidently short circuiting a pack whilst soldering on a Deans connector causing it to puff.....but no fire luckily. Otherwise 100's of charges worth of usage later, no problems.

By following basic safety practices such as using a dedicated LiPo charger (which are cheap enough now from RC sources), charging in a fire proof bag/pyrex bowl and charging at no more than 1C, you should have no problems with the packs themselves.

LiPo's can fry trigger contacts on AEGs if the gun doesn't have a Mosfet fitted.

Comment

tbh it wasnt for huge ROf i was looking for its purely to hide the battery as i hate batt boxes on barrels..
          sigpic

Comment

11.1v lipos will cause excessive wear to your gun and you will need the mosfet.
            ive used 7.4v lipos for over a year with no probs, fully charged they run at 8.44v but you must make sure you dont run them down below 6.6v or you will damage them.
            my 7.4v 2100 mah is the same size as a mini and easily lasts two games with not too heavy use
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by romeo View Post
              tbh it wasnt for huge ROf i was looking for its purely to hide the battery as i hate batt boxes on barrels..
              dude if you need a mosfet, ill have a spare non braking one that i made in like a week if you cover the £3 for parts.

Comment

I used an 11.1v in a gun for about 9 months. Yes it caused excess wear, in the form of replacing a (already 2 year old) piston. Pros are smaller battery size, that can be broken down to fit in pretty much any gun, increased ROF, longer life, and very good long lasting batteries that, with proper care, will be a very sound investment. Another is the fact that they arent as effected by cold weather as normal 'wet cell' batterys.
                Cons include exploding batteries if not charged properly, having to carry your own charger at big games due to the lack of li-po chargers at sites, the maintenance required for you to keep them going, and the initial cost. I believe mine was about 25 quid for the battery, and another 35 for the charger. Excess wear of your gun is another problem.

This is just from my personal experience, but i used li-po for ages with no problems what so ever. I only went back to wet cell batterys because i managed to re-wire my gun so i could utilise the crane stock and could ditch the peq box.

Comment

they are great for rof and size but you need upgraded internals all round or you will have huge bills for replacing things

Comment

What's the slowest li-pol out there then? I'm almost thinking about replacing my 8.4v with a li-pol but I don't want a ROF increase!

Comment

Stick with a 7.4v 1200 mah 15c and that'll equal a good 25 amp 1400/1500 mah high discharge 8.4vNiMH or NiCd. (there is a uk seller on ebaaay that does good batteries stupidly chap)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

romeo 26 year old child, living by the sea... Find out more about romeo
                      Working...
                      X