FPS loss from shortstroking 3 teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS loss from shortstroking 3 teeth?

Hw much fps will i loose by doing this? Im only running an m100 and got about 350 and wondering how much i will be shooting after i shortstroke. Not too bothered about fps really.
    Thanks

Re: FPS loss from shortstroking 3 teeth?

My short stroked by 3 took it from about 380 to 330. That being said, it will depend on other variables including barrel length, cylinder porting, air seal etc etc

Comment

Well i have a pretty good airseal, p90 ss 250mm barrel so i guess it would come down by like 50, did you rof inmprove by doing 3 teeth, of should i be looking at like 5 teeth?

Comment

your rof would probably not improve a great deal, maybe a little because there is less load on the motor for a longer time, pistons arnt terribly expensive so you could try 3-5 tooth and see what the results are like and revert if you the fps drops to much.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Also, when you take of teeth from the sector gear, should you take them off from the bit that engages the piston first (front), or off where the piston is released?(back)

Comment

They are from the back. No ROF increase to speak off, you don't short stroke for that reason.

Comment

ok, yer, im just wondering if there was, im getting into 11.1's atm so i figured id need to short stroke.

Comment

Your missing the point, the whole reason you short stroke is to get piston back in time, so you want a higher rated spring.

Comment

ok yes i realised that, i was just wondering if i could get a rof gain from short stroking, be it by 4 rps but anyways, i think i will short stroke it by maybe 5 teeth, m120 spring, 11.1 lipo

Comment

I'd say the ROF gain would be close to nil. 5 teeth on a M120 is going to be very low.

What is the actual ROF you aiming for, and the spec of the battery?

Comment

Right well, im not really sure what exact rof im going for, just a gain, and im thinking maybe a 25c 11.1 lipo, and im not sure how many teeth imma need to shortstroke if any and what spring i will need.

Comment

You need an idea, otherwise how you know what to buy?

Normal skirmishing ROF tend to go from 15/sec to 30/sec. Past that, usually just "show off" weapons.

Bearing in mind you asking the questions, I assume you've not done this before? Anything into the 20's is going to sound good. Mid 20's is the "usual" you'd hear on a "fast weapon" at most skirmishes.

The faster you go, the more work and maintance is required. Plus other factors such as finding mags to feed fast enough.

Comment

no, ive been wanting to do it for a while, but i think maybe i want 25.... everyone seems to have 13:1 gearsets but atm ive got XYT ones in it, And how about a motor? Would my stock ACM one be able to handle an 11.1?

Comment

OK wait, i cant really be bothered about getting a mosfet so wont be getting an 11.1 so im stivking with 7.4's. How about SHS 13:1 gears, and an SHS high torque motor? What would that get me round about? Also pulling an m100 so not much.

Comment

MOSFET's are the way forward, you'll save you trigger contacts, increase ROF and trigger response. If you get an AB one... will also prevent over spinning too.

13:1 gears with the SHS high torque & M100, should get you to the 20 mark. What you need is juice battery to push it, I have my eye on a 7.4v at the moment...

150_ln2s25c2200-01

7.4V 2200mAh 35C+ continuous discharge
                              Pretty much the most power that you can fit in the space of the
                              standard 8.4V mini battery!

77A continuous, 150A burst
                              101.1 x 35.5 x 16.1mm weight 115g.
                              It's £15.50.... and I'll be getting two if I can work out how they going to fit into the stock! Combine that with 'Deans' should be low 20's.

What you have to get right though is the shimming and angle of engagement. Unless you have a really good reason not to, I'd really recommend a MOSFET :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X