Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG V2 rear MOSFET help

Hi chaps.

I've fitted plenty of mosfets before however just fitting my first rear one and run into a problem. It's a cheap Hornbill one from HK, have used front ones before and not had any problems.

I followed the wiring guide as stated, desolder red motor wire from top tab, then red motor connector wire and thicker mosfet red wire soldered together on the bottom switch tab and the thin red mosfet wire soldered to the top tab, wasn't the best bit of soldering but worked when I initially put everything back together, then suddenly stopped working after a couple of test spins.

Took the GB apart again, unsoldered both bottom tab connections from the switch unit (they are still connected to each other with solder), so now the mosfet is separated from the switch unit completely. When I plug the battery and motor in the motor spins continuously!

Soldered the whole thing back together as it should and still when I plug the motor and battery in the motor just spins continuously, even though there's no trigger switch pushed in or selector plate making the connection.

Sorry for the lack of a picture or diagram!!!

I soldered the two bottom tab wires together by splicing them together and soldering to the tab, some people solder them side by side, I wouldn't have thought this would have may a difference.

Does anyone know where I've gone wrong or if my MOSFET has a problem?

Thanks

Re: AEG V2 rear MOSFET help

Realistically there is little difference between rear and front fitted fets. If you have done everything with the wires you would do usually you probably have a blown fet to dispose of now...lol.

Unless there is a short somewhere of course.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Re: AEG V2 rear MOSFET help

Cheers midas, I'm guessing that I fried it accedentally when I locked the gearbox, has happened to me before. These cheapo mosfets don't have fuses, it's the price you pay :-(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrpugster Find out more about mrpugster
      Working...
      X