V2 box + gears issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 box + gears issues

I'm currently doing up the gearbox in my mate's TM MP5 after his high speed setup vaporised the internals.
    Just ordered in some replacement parts and I'm having a bit of a compatibility issue between them.

Gearbox casing: Systema 7mm V2
    New gears: Guarder Infinite Torque
    Old gears: No idea, totally unusable
    Old bearings: Totally unusable

Now, the new Guarder gears will not fit in the bushings, not without considerable force.
    When the spur gear is in place, it's edge grates against the walls of the cutout for it.

I tested a few things with the old components (what could be salvaged for testing purposes) and found out:
    - New gears will not fit inside new bushings or the old bearings
    - Old gears will fit inside new bushings

But suppose I get a different set of bushings (with no guarantee they'll fit either) that will still leave me with the contact between the spur gear and the casing.
    Or I could order in another brand new set of gears and hope they'll fit both the bushings and the gearbox case.

What do you think is my best bet? I need this ready to go for Sunday so if it's new parts, I'll need to order them today to get them in time.
    Ideally I'd like to make do with the existing parts, I figured drilling out the bearings the tiniest bit might be the way to go. However that still leaves me with the spur gear issue. Also, if I drill slightly biased to one side, it'll throw the entire gear alignment setup to crap.

Thoughts and input much appreciated

Re: V2 box + gears issues

Different gears! I had the same problem-could'nt get the guarder sector gear to fit into any 7mm or 8mm bearings(KA/G+P/VFC),thought of guarder bushings but could only find them in 6mm. In your position I would'nt go drilling the bushings I'd reckon I'd be digging the hole deeper! Almost every other set will fit the systema casing.Just MY thoughts but am'nt in YOUR shoes right now! SORRY!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

grey Find out more about grey
    Working...
    X